1987 Allegro Water Leak

C Nash

Re: 1987 Allegro Water Leak

Need more info. What type RV? Was it rain or leak from tanks? Was it wet inside? Did it only leak when hook to city water? Might have been overflow. Didn't leave one of the dump valves open I hope :eek: :laugh: BTW welcome

Kirk

With a 1987 Allegro, I will assume that you probably have a class A? (Just between us, I used to own an 87 Allegro.) I will guess that you mean that water is leaking out of it? Was it connected to city water? Did water come from the faucets and shower? Did you have water in the fresh water tank and run the pump?

There should not be water running out but it can be coming from many different locations. It could be anything from a simple case of the tank running out of the overflow to a major water leak. Leaks are one of the most serious problems for an RV and you need to find and repair it before it causes damage to other parts of your RV.

If you bought the RV from a dealer, I suggest that you start by contacting them. Even if purchased "as is" you should be able to get some advice from the service department.

krisfamilyrv

It is a class A Allegro :) I purchased it from a private party - I was going to lift up the back full bed and see where is was leaking. It seamed like it was leaking more when the gray water tank was more than 1/2 full - I am trying to re duplicate the problem at home but was afraid to fill the gray water as no where to dump and didn't just even want to dump the gray water on the street even just water :/ anyways to the above question no the valves were shut :) I am new but not that "NEW" :)

I am excited to travel with the family and the baby but scared of what might be a huge issue? I was hoping I could just seal up the bottom?

Kris

krisfamilyrv

C Nash - 8/12/2009 6:19 PM

Need more info. What type RV? Was it rain or leak from tanks? Was it wet inside? Did it only leak when hook to city water? Might have been overflow. Didn't leave one of the dump valves open I hope :eek: :laugh: BTW welcome

87 A class Allegro - not from rain - leaks from somewhere. "Did it only leak when hook to city water? " Yes it was on the bottom right hand side bottom like drops from different holes?

Kris

krisfamilyrv

OK now I hooked to my water at home and it doesn't seem to be leaking at all. I am confused and scared to be a newbie to RV's I am begginning to wonder if I bit off more than I could chew :( :disapprove:

ARCHER

was it leaking inside anywhere? Like under sinks, shower, cabinets (lower)???? Did you try to fill the fresh water tank? Some of the fresh water tanks will overflow underneath when they are full....should be a drain line under the fresh water tank under the unit. Just a few thoughts

C Nash

Did you use a water pressure regulator? Maybe the water pressure was more at the cg than home. Doubt that that was the problem but hard to say. Don't worry it'll all come together with time, camping and asking questions. You are living one of the most fun times in camping "LEARNING" :laugh: Try to check all the plumbing. Fittings tend to work loose. Was you using ac? Just another thought as it could have been the condensation from the ac.