1987 Monaco

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by kojak, Aug 22, 2007.

1. kojak

kojak New Member

Hi members & Readers,since i have been reading this forum ,there has been a lot of information to help a lot of RV'ers, we have purchased above AClass and will be in usa begining of october to enjoy travelling, we have only seen our M/H in photos and really love it but there is a couple of things that we would like to do while touring around is re- upholstering the interior chairs and fold out bed up front, would it be a good idea to travel to mexico and while there have it done, would it be cheaper or does anyone know of people that can help for a reasonable price.keep up the good work kojak

2. Shorty

Shorty Senior Member

Re: 1987 Monaco

Welcome to the forum. Before anyone can give you any ideas where to go for work to be done, we need to know where your gonna be. I know where to send you in central Florida, but if your not coming in this direction, it wouldn't help.
    Have fun, seeing our country via RV is the only way to fly...

3. hertig

hertig Senior Member

Mexico is a different country, with different rules and practices. Make sure you have all your documentation, follow all the rules and cultural practices, and have the correct insurance (U.S. insurance won't apply, and if they catch you without valid insurance there, it won't be fun).

4. kojak

kojak New Member

Hi Shorty, well origanly we were going to travel accross country, but due to cheaper shipping for sending it to australia we will be travelling north to seattle accross idaho to wyoming through utah to las vegas aizona palm springs etc to Los angeles port for shipping, thisn is why i asked re mexico but i will have to check er insurace as hertig bought this to my attention, thanks Guys happy touring

5. Shorty

Shorty Senior Member

Wow, I'm jealous...I haven't made it to the west in the RV yet...
    You'll have a great time!! :)

6. kojak

kojak New Member

Hi Hertig, thank's for you information, I will have to check re insurance, have you been to mexico they say there is some wonderful scenery down south, regards gary

7. hertig

hertig Senior Member

I haven't been past Nogales, and I walked across to there. I hear there are some great places, but I fear the lousy roads, corrupt cops, bandits and uncertain fuel quality in between. Of course, most people have little or no trouble, but I have zero risk tolerance :)