1995 Prowler 255k fifth wheel questions

Skidooer

Hey just looking at buying a 1995 prowler fifth wheel 255k model non slide out, and have some q's about general quality and any things to watch for on these units. As well trying to figure out an approx. tongue weight I can expect with this unit. Thanks

H2H1

are you single, married with kids? if so ,it is going to get tight inside fast without a slide out. But if you are a single guy and be traveling along by your self it may suit you just fine. I can no help you on your questions, I have never owned a 5er ,so I know nothing about them, sorry.

C Nash

Look for any signs of leaks plumbing and rain. Go on the top and check all seems. Check around all windows for signs of leaks. If you see signs of leaks, IT'S WORSE THAN IT LOOKS. Ice pick works to probe around where walls meet floor for soft spots. Tires need replacing if they are over 5 to 7yr old. Date is posted on tires but you will have to know how to read it. Hook up to electricity and water to ck all appliances work. Don't forget the heater. Good luck

3Nails

I had a 1999 Prowler 285RS (30ft, aluminum side) with a super slide for eleven years. Put a little over 100,000 miles (est. based on truck mileage). Dry weight was 7900 lbs. Think the hitch weight was 350. Only problem we had with the fifth wheel was a broken spring on our way to Alaska. Replaced all four springs in Anchorage. The rest was normal maintenance...tires and batteries. Did pack the wheel bearings every 30,000+ miles. Be sure and fill all of the holding tanks and check them for leaks. Use the 12V water pump as well as city water hookup to check for leaks. The only thing I would change is the wheel size. Ours had 15". I would go with 16" and put on 10 ply truck tires.