1998 Coach House Wide Body 192 TB Black Water Holding Tank Problem

Zeke

I have a 1998 Dodge Coach House Wide Body model 192 TB. The original black water holding tank was replaced with a 5 gallon one. (does not hold much). I need to put the original one back (21 gallons according to specs). Coach House was no help..., they claim that they have no record going back that far.., Can anyone tell me the part number and /or the manufacture for this tank....., thanks

cougarkid

Re: 1998 Coach House Wide Body 192 TB Black Water Holding Tank Problem

My 1989 Goergie Boy has a label on the wall in the main closet (hallway) that has all the info on the coach.
It gives the dimensions of the tanks (water, black and gray), ac numbers, furnace numbers, water heater numbers, ac/dc converter numbers, etc.

Tanks did not have manufacturer name or number - just dimensions.

If yours has one and you can find it, you should be able to find a replacement that will fit.

A good measuring of the available space would probably work, too.

Most tanks I have seen on line have dimensions listed with them. Just get one to fit the space.

Good luck!

SierraTom

Re: 1998 Coach House Wide Body 192 TB Black Water Holding Tank Problem

Best of luck to you... I melted a gray water tank after blowing a tire and crushing an exhaust pipe... great story as long as it happens to someone else...
But the best advice is to take measurements for sure. My Country Coach folks referred me to a plastic blow molder called Custom Rotomold ... and I was able to acquire the tank... but the heck of it was getting it in and suspending it as well as plumbing it as the mfg. have it pretty easy when they can drop it in it's spot and have tons of room to assemble... Again... Best of luck to you.