1st time Rv, Question regarding TV's

bruce642

Just purchased my first RV, 1994 Winnebago 34 foot with (get this) 3840 original miles on it. My question is the small TV in front (above) let's say it's 13". Can I buy say a vizio 19" and put it "outside" of that cabinet with like a under the cabinet mounting bracket? I'm trying to put a larger tv there that won't fit in the hole. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to do this? Is there a special mounting bracket?
Thanks for your info.

Bruce

rjf7g

Re: 1st time Rv, Question regarding TV's

Bruce-
Welcome to the forum. In addition to the mounting brackets that are available at the electronics stores, spend some time in the hardware section of Lowe's - they have some neat stuff there!

*scooter*

Welcome to the forum. The question about TV's has come up frequently recently :question: Anyway, if you do a search (upper right corner of forum screen) you might find a lot of answers. Some fit in new tv's into the exisiting space and some use brackets and have the tv in front of the tv box. Good Luck and enjoy.

JimE

RE: 1st time Rv, Question regarding TV's

Bruce, I had a 1993 Winnebago Brave with the same 13 inch TV. What I did was remove the TV and trim, and cut a piece of oak the same size as the opening. I screwed it securely from the left and right side and then attached a mounting bracket to the oak. I mounted a flat screen TV and never had any problems with it. Make sure you get a good bracket that can be tightened down securely. When I was driving I would place a rolled up piece of foam padding behind it just to keep it from rattling around.

Kirk

I am in the process of doing exactly what you are speaking of doing, at this time. I removed the old TV from the cabinet where it mounted and then built a framework inside of that box to hold the new TV's wall bracket. I am in process of designing a pad to place between the edge of the old cabinet to support the back of the new TV. I plan to leave the area behind the TV open to allow for air movement and then just cover the top section where the now wider TV does not reach since the dimensions of the newer sets is less. Just make sure that your new larger TV does not cover or obstruct access to any important item.