2 quick questions

Richie R

When traveling out of your state,,,,what happens whenh registration or inspection is due?

While traveling,,,,are we allowed to stop overnight at truck stops? if so is it free or must pay?
Also does Walmart still allow parking?

akjimny

Hi Richie and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I'll take a semi-stab at answering your questions. Keep in mind that free advice is worth what you pay for it.

My state sends me a letter when my registration is comming due (use a mail forwarding service). I can mail it back in with a check and they'll mail me my new stickers for my plates. Don't know about vehicle inspection, tho. Maybe you could have a mechanic do it where ever you are and send his certificate in????? Or just wait until you are back in your home state and get it done as soon as possible.

I never stayed overnight at a truck stop, but I have seen RV's parked at them late at night, so maybe it's okay. I think the noise of all those idling diesels would be too much for me to listen to all night long. Maybe another forum member will have better info.

Parking at Walmart is determined by the local muncipality and/or the store manager. Some cities don't allow RV'ers to park overnight in anything other than a regular RV campground - and some Walmart managers have had bad experiences with some of our brother RV'ers and don't want to take another chance. But I've found that if I go into the store and buy a couple of bags of stuff THEN go ask the manager if I can spend the night, they have been pretty agreeable.

Hope this helps some. Post back if you have more questions.:):)