2 yr old 25' Thor Summit 5th wheel ?'s

stktrader

I live in So. California and I have kept this 2008 5th wheel outside without a cover. I have approx. 3500 miles in use so far. I clean the roof about three times a year with full strength roof cleaner and protectant. How does one know if the roof needs a new paint sealing job? What does one look for? Do I need to have this trailer serviced and when? Like how many miles before I have the brakes checked? How ofter does the caulking really need to be cut off the roof components and re-caulked? I am getting a Tyvek cover for the trailer this week. I probably should have done this when I bought it; I know! TIA

Triple E

Re: 2 yr old 25' Thor Summit 5th wheel ?'s

What kind of roof do you have. I am getting ready to replace my caulking. As far as I know, because I bought mine used, I still have the original caulking which was installed in 1997. My caulking has turned a dark-dark gray and is cracking. I do not have any leaks yet, but, not going to take any chances. I have been told that you should inspect the caulking every six months. I have been advised to use Dicor Sealant.

:8ball:

Triple E

Re: 2 yr old 25' Thor Summit 5th wheel ?'s

For the rubber roof you can buy the expensive stuff or use liquid Spic &Span. From what I under stand as long as the roof is not black you are ok, keep it white. Any other treatment is up to you. I don't have a 5er. so won't speculate on your brakes. Someone else will join with thier tips. But 3500 miles isn't much. Enjoy! :)

:8ball: