2000 AllegroZEPHYR Series M-42 DSL 450

vanole

harleyman,

The Zepher is/was the top offering from Tiffen. Great coach. Yes you could full time in it.

You posted about an Endeavor in another thread. I don't have an Endeavor but I did have a Diplomat which is the sister of the Endeavor. Both were Monaco products at that time. I wintered over at Ft Leavenworth while I was attending the Army Command and General Staff College in my Diplomat and had no problems.

What you want to find out is if you have heated bays (ie basement heat). Even with those you will still have to take some precautions and think about skirting for the vehicle. Your fridge will have a tough go but their are some work arounds their also. I think it was Kirk (poster on this forum) who had a good write up on what he did. If you have an electric fridge (some folks have replaced the absorption units with those) then forget about the worries with the absorption units.

That engine in the Zepher is bullet proof just like the one in the Endeavor. You most likely have the 4000 series Allison transmission in the Zepher and a 3000 series in Endeavor.

Jeff

harleyman_1000

Thank you all for your help. Yes I am looking at several different mh, and just want to know what Im getting into from people who know.

vanole

Harleyman,

Nothing the matter with RV fridges as long as you maintain them. With that said their has been multiple recalls on both Norcold and Dometic fridges the last couple of years (make sure you know status of recalls on the fridge in the unit you buy).

Absorption fridges refer to the cycle that the fridge uses to cool (ammonia) vice like a normal household fridge freon. Unless you get an all electric coach (many new ones are built that way) or the previous owner replaced his Norcold or Dometic fridge with a electric fridge you most like will have an absorption unit which will work on electric (either from your generator or park power pole) or LP gas.