2000 Itasca Horizon 34 BD (diesel)

roadjack

Just purchased a 2000 Itasca Horizon and was rolling down I-95 south of Ricmond when my entire instrement panel went out. Coach continued to roll fine, everything works except my gas, temp, RPM etc., gauges. We checked every fuse, lines, connection points, removed the gauges cover and replaced most of the fuses.......nothing worked. Any advice? We have a call in to Winnebago on the matter.......

hertig

Re: 2000 Itasca Horizon 34 BD (diesel)

Generally when a whole system goes out, it is due to power (in - fuzes or out - ground).

Find where power comes in and use a voltmeter betweem this point and a known good ground (where something which works is attached) to see if you are getting voltage. If you are not getting voltage, check the input to the fuzes and continue working back until you find where you lose power. If you do get voltage at the panel, then the odds are you have lost a ground. Check continuity between where the panel is grounded and the point you used to check the voltage.

s.harrington

Re: 2000 Itasca Horizon 34 BD (diesel)

Everything runs through bosch relays located in the compartment just in front of the battery compartment. (at least that was where they were the on the Winnie I worked on.) Try making sure the connections on the relays are tight.