2001 dutchstar dash air

dastout

Just bought a 2001 dutchstar. No air at all from dash, blower not working. Can NOT find it even though i know it has to be under the dash sandwiched somewhere. The top of the dash is one piece , do not see how it is possible to remove. Anybody know anything about this? Thank You :(

C Nash

Re: 2001 dutchstar dash air

Ck fuses ,relays, switches and resistor if you have not already before starting to hunt the motor.

dastout

Thanks for your reply , did check all the items I could find. I guess I give up and will take it to the RV shop. They seem to think hat it won't be too difficult. Will post the results

C Nash

keep us posted on the fix and how the rv shop treated you. Very well could be the motor but bet it will be a switch or something of that nature. good luck

davej

may be controlled by a vacum switch, I couldn't get any heat up front and they told me there was an inline filter that was plugged, seems to put out heat now. this is accessible from the front hood.

dastout

Just got that dash air fixed! you all were right or close to it. It was NOT the motor. We found the motor simply unplugged. Did not seem to be any reason for it. I have run it several hours and it is fine. :) :)

C Nash

Thanks for the follow up fix dastout. Where was the motor and was it hard to get to? Please don't tell me on the heater :laugh: :laugh: ;)

G

now ,, nash ,, where did u think it would be ,, on the steps ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :evil: :evil:
Oh buy the way nash ,, we got the racecar shut down for a an oil leak last weekend at the track ,, but i got to tell u this my son don't know when to lift ,, the car broke loose at the 60ft mark ,, and i didn't here the exhaust get quiet once ,, he got it straightened out and ran a 7.99 1/8 mile that is :cool:
pulled the engine and replced the oil pan ,, yes the pan ,, all is good now ;) :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Hey Rod, would not be suprised at all if it was on the steps of a MH. After all these engineers try to make it imposible to work on these things :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Man, them oil leaks can deal you fits. Sounds like you got it going though. I found out pretty quick it takes the younger guys to really handle the fast ones. Well, guess if I had stayed at it I could still manage the fast ones. Last time I ran mine I ran a 7 second flat in the 1/8 and the son was running that Chevette of his in the high 4 and 5s. Told him shoot I was just having 3 more seconds of fun each trip than he was. :laugh: Was not fun when the hood blew off mine and came back and hit the top of the car and really made me see stars. Sure glad they required helmets. :laugh:

G

yep ,, i have to admit ,, i am getting old ,, i think i would have lifted (now) but it was my mistake ,, i didn't have the four link set up right ,, but i am glad to know my son isn't afraid of it ,, i would hate to put all this time and money back into it ,, and him give up after a little screwup like this one ,, but he is ready to go agian ,, weekend after next ,, that is if we pass tech inspection :eek: ;) :question: :question:

C Nash

When we first started with the Chevett it had such a short wheelbase for the HP that it was a handful on launch. Saw the son nearly take down the tree lights before he finally got it to hook up like an arrow. They kidded him at the supper Chevy drags about how short it was but when he got to the finala seven out of 107 chevys they had become belivers. Would not start in staging in the final 7 and we had to forfit. Got it home it cranked and we got it on the rack and the rear end had cracked the welds and would have probably came out on another run. Told him I was worried no more so one greater than me was watching

G

Amen .. on that ,, we are only human ,, and we can not control everything ,, but sorry to all about getting off topic ,, but nash ,, u are 100% correct on that :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Well, we can keep this post at the top and current and maybe dastout will let me know where the heater mtr was. :laugh:

dastout

The heater motor was NOT on the steps but it was about that easy to get to, as it is located behind the 2 little drawers that are about center of the dash near the floor. hope that makes sense. the tech pulled the drawer all the way out and there it was..........took all of 10 minutes. The shop is Richards RV located in Greer SC.
The shop also fixed a Fantastic exhaust that did not work. Said a ground pin was loose. So they fixed my heatermotor issue and my exhaust fan issue for a total of $112.00. The fixes were quick but it still took some time for trouble shooting. I think that is a great deal as they spent about 1 1/2hrs on it.
I highly recommend this shop & will go back as they were polite, pleasant and HONEST! :) :cool:

C Nash

Thanks for the update dastout. That was what I was wanting to know. Sometimes the whole dash has to be removed to get to those things. Good to know that there are still dependable repair shop like Rod and Richards out there. Oh, thanks for letting Rod know it wasn't on the steps. :laugh: :laugh: He needs all the help we can give him :laugh: ;)