2002 Cougar slide out

Gpa

I have lost 120 power within the large slide out which includes two lights and one electrical outlet. I did check the voltage in this one electrical outlet and only had 12 volts. I have checked circuit breakers and the one gfi outlet all appear to be good. The 12 volt lights within the slide out do work Because I don't have a wiring diagram I have to assume the the 120 power within the slide out is on the same circuit as the TV and entertainment center outlets which do work. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to why I don't have 120 power in the slide out I would appreciate hearing them.

Thank you,
Gpa

akjimny

Re: 2002 Cougar slide out

Hi Dave and welcome to the RVUSA forum. All the slide outs that I know of work on 12 volts. You either have a bad slide out switch, bad actuator motor, blown fuse, or short in the wiring somewhere. Good luck finding it. I absolutely hate :angry: :angry: electrical problems.

Post back and let us know how it goes. :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

The 110 voltage is run into the slide thru the floor...along with the 12 volt wiring. You need to see where the wire has been damaged. You might find a 4x4 box that has connections in it...check that too.

snap

Gpa i am not sure what you actually have a problem with. if you had an outlet thats
120volt and its quit i dont see how it would check 12volts. The last reply asks if you had a bad slide out switch or bad motor or
blown fuse . they usually work on 12volts mine does. so is it just the outlet or does your slide out not go in and out. ;) :question: :question:

SuperMike

snap - 11/7/2010 4:00 AM Gpa i am not sure what you actually have a problem with. if you had an outlet thats 120volt and its quit i dont see how it would check 12volts. The last reply asks if you had a bad slide out switch or bad motor or blown fuse . they usually work on 12volts mine does. so is it just the outlet or does your slide out not go in and out. ;) :question: :question:

My slide out stopped sliding in and out years ago. :laugh: :bleh: :evil: :eek:

Opp's sorry, back on topic now. :cool: