2003 Chinook

Jim63701

Just purchased this hard to find RV - wasn't cheap but had low mileage and was exceptionally clean. Unfortunately, not all the manuals were available for the workings of this machine. Missing such items as solar panel instructions - winterizing - digital antenna usage - and whatever else I have no idea what to expect. The couple that had it before were quite elderly and were unsure of when it was last serviced. The Dealer assured me the couple took good care of it but no one has maintenance records. http://216.98.12.140/forum/mbbs22/images/emoticons/icon_smile_sad.gif Where do I start?

C Nash

Re: 2003 Chinook

Welcome to the forum Jim. With no service records I would start as though it has never been serviced. Ck tire mfg dates. Should be able to google Chinook and find other owners.

Jim63701

Looks like a long road ahead for this RV - I talked to the previous owners who purchased it new - they had no idea service record - seems they are quite elderly - enjoyed the RV but weren't too interested in keeping records. Oh, well I will have it home Monday and will start the process - first and foremost the brakes - 25,000 miles I'm hoping all is well.
thanks for the advice

C Nash

25k you should be ok Jim. Just come back and ask :question: as you need. If the tires came on it they are at the outer limits of service. Ck the mfg date on them. Dont go by tread left. Age gets them. I would just start from scratch and do all service so you will know. I would also service the transmission. Keep us posted and have fun