2004 Couger

Allison Expert

Hello eveyone....I know i'm usually the one anserwing the questions, instead of asking, but I thought I would see if anyone has heard of this issue, or has had this issue....

My folks have a 2004 Cougar 28EFX 5th Wheel and they have had problems with the black tank clogging up into the toilet. It seems as though the tank isn't big enough, and where the pipe comes into the top of the tank is pretty shallow, so everything piles up right their, and doesn't drain down. The vent is open, and no other obstructions.

Any tips and/or suggestions are much appreciated....

H2H1

Re: 2004 Couger

Hey AE I wish I could help u out, but I am in noway and expert in anything. But as u there are several experts on here that will be able to assist you and your parents. Good luck

Grandview Trailer Sa

WATER, MORE WATER!! Most folks simply don't enough water. Do NOT let your black tank free flow..make it build up so it will all flush out.

Once you get it open, dump 5 gallons (or so) water in the tank....Pour in a bag of ice...drive around...the ice will slosh around and break "things" up and then will all wash out.

Be sure you fully flush out your tank every time you quit camping.

G

Ken is right ,, but one other thing ,, and this i have seen ,, i have had 2 rv's that had the the cut out for the toilet block the valves ,, they let the hole they cut just go into the tank ,, but since u state that it is "building up" i would do as ken says ,, but (i know) one other thing ,, hows does it flow when it is dumped ??
:approve: ;)

Triple E

Do they keep the black drain valve open while in use or do they wait for the tank to get 2/3 or 3/4 full before they open the valve. If they are leaving the drain valve open, while in use, then the water will flow out but the solids can stick to the tank. Like Hollis always reminds us, "Do not drain until 3/4 full on both tanks. Black valve first, gray valve second". As well as what Ken said, "Do not let it free flow". This might not have anything to do with your parents problem but you did not mention their practice on draining the tank. :(

Allison Expert

Thanks for all the suggestions from everybody...When they are at a camp ground, they usually let the tank fill up 2/3 or 3/4 than upon leaving, dump the tanks in order....black, than gray....Don't get me wrong in that my folks are experienced rv'ers, this has just been a reacurring problem, and wanted to see if anybody out their that has a cougar or other Keystone 5th wheel, has had or heard about this issue. Thanks Grandview, I will pass all of this info onto my dad, and see if he has tried any of this.