2004 Fleetwood Southwind 36RS

Dieharduscfan

Me and my Dad Just traded our 1991 Gulfstream Sun Clipper for a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 36RS. This RV is Excellant from top to bottom. The previous owners must have worked out all of the squeaks and kinks because this baby rolls. It's got 2 slides and a satellite system. It's a big step up from the Sun Clipper. Can't wait to take off on a trip.
Does anybody have any tips or issues they would like to share about this model RV?
It would be much apperciated.

Columbia SC
"Go USC Gamecocks"

Dieharduscfan

RE: 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 36RS

I guess this RV was a good choice since I haven't seen any replies concerning problems.
Thanks.

DL Rupper

Re: 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 36RS

USC fan. Are you referring to University of Southern California? Probably not to many owners of Southwinds have read your post in 1 day. Like you said, there weren't any negative replies, so all must be fairly good. Happy Camping. :)

C Nash

Which chassis do you have? The only thing I would check is the CCC for the unit. Some had low CCC. Fleetwood seems to get a lot of bad reports but, there are probably more Fleetwoods sold than any other brand. Have fun and enjoy.
DL, think he is a South Carolina and Steve Spurrier fan.
"WAR EAGLE"

Dieharduscfan

CN, you are right. I pull for the REAL USC - South Carolina Gamecocks.
The only thing I know off the top of my head is it has a Workhorse Chassis with the 8.1 Vortec engine. What do you mean by CCC?

DL Rupper

Hey Dieharduscfan, just pulling your chain. :evil: :evil: :evil: I got the Gamecocks. :laugh: I'd say go Bucks, but they haven't been able to beat Florida lately. :(

C Nash

Dieharduscfan, CCC stands for cargo carrying capacity or how many of our goodies we can carry with us. It should be labeled in one of the cabnits.
WAR EAGLE

hertig

The true CCC is the actual empty ('dry') weight (or 'wet' weight for some motorhomes) subtracted from the GVWR (or maximum -'gross' - vehicle weight for the RV). If you got the unit directly from the factory, the listed dry/wet weight MAY be accurate. Previous owners and/or dealers may have added/replaced things, invalidating the claimed dry/wet weight. A trip to the scale will tell you for sure.

H2H1

Hi everyone, I been the camping family for about 4 years. We (wife )and I just lov it. We live in Georgia and the temp is at 101 now. Just got back from the maountain Sunday still hot as --well u know . I have 2003 southwind 36 b love this coach. I just had the Banks system installed .I can't yet tell if Iam geeting better gas milage yet , but the extra 90hp sure helps with going up hills. So has anyone had the experiance of the Banks system that they can share. we will be heading out this fall to az,ut nd,sd and back the long way any suggestions? enjoy the comversation posted. good luck on ya'll traveling. H2H1 ---HAD 2 HAVE 1 HEHEHEH :) RETIRED CHIEF OF TECTNICAL SERVICE, ARMY