2007 rockwood tent trailer poor quality mattress

warren

:( Has anyone heard of problems with the mattress on this trailer. When you move around it goes.. CHUNCH..CHUNCH..CHUNCH. I tell you my wife and I are totally bewildered. The dealer says no one has mentioned this to him. I tell the dealer we are having a hard time to sleep because of the noise. He says they are all the same. What action can I take to correct this problem?

Kali_Mist

RE: 2007 rockwood tent trailer poor quality mattress

Buy a new mattress you like after market and move on. Why bother your self with the headache of try to get the Manufacturer to change their items.

warren

Re: 2007 rockwood tent trailer poor quality mattress

Seems a shame to have to spend more money....this is a brand new trailer.

C Nash

called cost cutting. Like Kali Mist said buy a new one or you might try memory foam on it. You did remove the plastic protection off?

hertig

Memory foam might make it more comfortable, but probably won't affect any 'crunch'.

The only thing I can think of which would 'crunch' would be some kind of wrapper around the mattress, or something crunch beneath the mattress. Check this out.

If nothing on or under the matteress is causing the noise, make the dealer lie on it and move around. That may result in some action. If not, buy a mattress you like; sleep is too important to 'cheap out' on.

warren

The mattress is heated.....not that I really care. I am almost certain it could be the wiring. My dealer has tried the mattress along w/ others like this and they all sound the same. I guess I will just buy another.