2011 coachmen Freelander 21QB

nickiandcarla

Hi folks, we are new to the RV world and are in the process of purchasing a relatively new (4000 miles) Coachmen. The dealer here in So Cal is telling us there are NO remaining manufacturer warranties remaining on the vehicle. I havent spoken to Coachmen directly yet as they were closed yesterday and today but all the reasearch I have done on line indicates there is a 3 yr, 36,000 mile chassis warranty and 5 yr, 60,000 mile drive train warranty on the coach. We think the dealer is trying to sell us a line of bull by pushing their own extended warranties. Anyone have ANY HELP FOR US?????

akjimny

Re: 2011 coachmen Freelander 21QB

Hi Niki and Carla and welcome to the RVUSA forum. I think the dealer may be trying to blow a load of smoke up your kazoo and sell you his extended warranty. The chassis (Ford or Chevy) should still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, just like a used car. The coach may or may not be covered, so I would definitely check with Coachmen.

If it is not covered, check out Good Sam or Coachnet for an extended warranty. Either will probably beat whatever the dealer is trying to pass off on you.

Good luck, welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing and post back to let us know what you find out. :) :)

C Nash

The chassis should be covered. Dont know but Coachman may be out of business. :(

krsmitty

I am assuming this is a MH...Which may be different than a TT or 5er. I was under the impression that the factory warranty was not transferable when you sold the RV? :question: