2011 RV Meet and Greet

TexasClodhopper

2011 Meet and Greet

Shortly after the 2010 RV Meet and Greet most participants were anticipating coming back to and spoke highly of the Misty River Cabins & RV Resort near Walland, Tennessee. There were some alternative sites suggested, but none survived the later discussions. So, Misty River Cabins & RV Resort here we come!

This year is going to be a week further into October than last year. We're going to meet during the 2nd weekend in October. For 2011 the dates are October 7th, 8th and 9th. That's a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Misty River RV will handle all reservations. Please contact them at the address below and mention that you will be part of the RV Meet and Greet for that weekend. There will be sites reserved together for the group, but all the sites there are good. Heck, you're going to be walking around anyway and hardly anyone stays at their own site! Be sure and go to 2011 Meet and Greet website for detailed information.

As we get nearer, there will be more information about reservations, schedules and events. Please be patient!

Questions and Answers? - If you have either, then go to 2011 Questions and Answers to ask and receive!

Who will be attending? - Finding out which RVers have reserved their spaces at Misty River RV is easy! Just go to the RV Meet and Greet website and look around. Hopefully you will be the next one on the list!
Kenneth and Linda (GTS Grandview Trailer Sales) have initiated the contact with Jimmy and Diane Felton at Misty River this year and have arranged for some special deals for all attendees.

Any "official" information about the Meet and Greet will be posted at the RV Meet and Greet website. If you just want to yack about it until the cows come home, have at it. We'll all be here!

akjimny

Re: 2011 RV Meet and Greet

Thanks Tex for the update and "Great Job" to whoever did the M&G website. Super idea!! Boss Lady and I were planning on leaving Alaska on or about 1 October. Now, if I can just pry her away from the grandbaby a couple of weeks earlier, we'll be there. Won't know 'til later on, but I sure would like to make it.

Again, thanks for the info. :laugh: :laugh: :) :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Linda and I will be there, along with (at this point) 4 other campers from VA. I am coming in on Tues or Wed, so I can do the tourist thing and see more of the area. We did not make it to Gatlinburg last year, so planning a longer stay this time.

Like Tex said, Tell Misty River that your with our group and you will get the same rate your entire stay. It is a discounted rate, so take advantage of it.

Triple E

Last year was cheaper for me to fly, rent a car and stay in a cabin then it was to drive to the M & G. Glad I went. The Cabins are very clean and comfortable. The shower even better.

I had planned on doing allot of site seeing but it was so nice to relax and meet everyone that I ended up just staying at the camp ground.

So you all, please, come and enjoy. You will be glad you did. This is one trip where you want to stop the clock.

:approve: :approve:

H2H1

well I have made my reservation already, as usual just waiting on time. And like some others this is my third M&G trip and it just keep getting better and better. Well if this will help you make you decision I am doing the LOW COUNTRY BOIL AGAIN :laugh: :laugh:

Shadow

We stayed last year for almost ten days. Still didn't get to see all the sites. The Smokey Mountains area is beautiful. And the bonus is you'll get to meet a great group of people at the greet. Can't wait, want to go back to Huck Finns Resturant in Pigeon Forge! And of course the Low Country Boil. ;) And for all you new comers be sure to sample Rods Green Chilli Stew!!! :eek: :bleh:

H2H1

Shhhhhhhhhh, Butch don't and give away all the surprises, Just tease them enough to make them curious on what we do and eat.

big bilko

Took me 3 days to get Kaye sober after the "APPLE PIE" :clown: :clown: :dead: :dead: Regards BIG BILKO :) :)

H2H1

well you know how good it was, I just bet we will have some APPLE PIE and just maybe some jello shooters. :laugh:

H2H1

and Ken and your family are welcome to join us if it is possible this year.

akjimny

Does anyone know if any of the folks from RVUSA are coming? I would surely like to meet Cindy and thank her for all her hard work, especially keeping the spammers out.

TexasClodhopper

This RV Meet and Greet is not sponsored by RVUSA in any way.

We're simply a bunch of members here that get together once a year.

akjimny

Okay - got the return trip from Alaska semi-programmed out (and we haven't even left Florida yet). According to Google maps, I figure if I can pry the Boss Lady away from her family and the Grandbaby by September 26, we should be at the M&G by October 6.

Got a couple of 500+ mile days, but that should be do-able, provided the motor home and us all stay healthy. And the Alcan isn't falling apart/under construction/or both. And gas doesn't go too much over $5.00 a gallon. And - and - etc.

So, I'm not calling to make a reservation just yet. But with any luck, God willing and the crick don't rise, we'll see all y'all there. With a whole lotta luck, I'll bring some fresh Alaska salmon and (maybe) some halibut. :laugh: :laugh: :) :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Great news Jim. Hope you can make it, just call Jimmy at the campground as soon as you know and make reservations. I need to do that myself, but have not figured out when I am getting there myself!!

H2H1

that sounds great, we all hope you can make it. take care of the MH and the boss, and all will work it self out.... Now THE Alaska SALMON SURE SOUNDS GREAT. HOPE TO SEE YOU :laugh: :laugh:

G

and the Halibut ,, YUM YUM :approve: :approve:

G

one other thing i forgot ,, can u get any cod ,, and herring ,, agian YUM YUM ,, anything that swims i will eat ,, raw or cooked ,, and if it comes outta the ocean even better :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) :cool: :cool:

akjimny

Rod - The only herring I ever saw in Alaska we used as bait to catch real fish. Cod, if I get lucky and can go out on one of the charter boats and can catch one. I'll try. You might just have to settle for salmon and halibut (then again, if I get lucky)

Just looked at the map of Walland and Misty River. I may just have to take my motorcycle over to the "Tail of the Dragon" and scratch that run off my bucket list. We'll see.

Wish I could get the Boss Lady off the dime and make a decision about when we are going to pull out of Alaska so I could make reservations for the M&G. :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: