2011 RV Meet and Greet

TexasClodhopper

Please, only put your name on the list if you have actually made a reservation at Misty River Campground. That's the only way we'll know who is really coming. If you make a last minute decision to come, that's great! We'll do fine with that plan and no one will be left out. Hollis, there's no way Rod can eat that much food! :p

H2H1;74145 said:
...I have counted 19 on the M&G SITE, I just trying to see how much food I need buy. If you are thinking of coming ...

H2H1

Jimmy you and "Boss Lady" be careful on your down. Enjoy the trip and we will see ya there.

akjimny

I'm always safe - - - it's those other idiots I worry about :D:D Doing the load-out today - hitting the road tomorrow morning - hopefully no snow in the Canadian Rockies.:p:)

akjimny

So there we were, 75 miles out of Anchorage when "BANG!!!!!" - blew out a rear tire. Inside dual, of course. Now I have road-side assistance, but when you have no cell phone signal, you can't call them to come help. Anyway, three hours later after wallowing around in the mud, I got the spare tire on and headed back to Anchorage. I figured if one went bad, then the other three were suspect. Better safe than sorry (and way better than paying Canadian prices should something happen there).

Back in town, checked the Base Exchange. They could get the tires in two or three days, but didn't service motorhomes. Checked with Costco, they only had one tire in stock, but could get them in three days to a week. Went over to Sam's Club - lo and behold they had the tires in stock - but don't service motorhomes. Finally ended up at Johnson's Tires. They had the tires, could get me in and out in an hour or so and miracle of miracles - had a buy three - get one free event going on.

So here we sit, back at Katie's sister's house. Will try again tomorrow. Luckily I have some wiggle room in my schedule, so we should still make it to the M&G on time (I think). See you all soon. Wish us luck. :):)

H2H1

we will save you a site, but it may be next to Rods.:excitement::excitement:Don't worry they don't bite.

H2H1

Got a email from Rod today, we will have the meeting room on Saturday night for the get to gether.

G

well Jim ,, hope all works out ,, looking forward to meeting u ,, but i hope the fish are doing ok ,, looking forward to some good Alaskan salmon ,, btw i got an idea ,, and i know it will prolly not go over to well ,, but i was thinking of having a Jalapeno eating contest ,, i will provide them ,, if any one is interested let me know :excitement:
Oh yea ,, forgot ,, besides the low country boil and the fish ,, what else do u all have planned ,, MR is no longer doing the bbq thing ,, but we can use the smoker of we want ,, now to mention it ,, that sounds pretty good ,, smoked salmon ;)

try2findus

RV washed and ready to roll!!!

Gas around here is running about 3.25/gallon which will certainly help out this year! :p

akjimny

RV dirty - covered in Canadian mud. Got two more rock chips in the windshield. Gas is $1.28 per LITER and up (you do the math). But we'll be there!!:):)

brodavid

just got a couple of questions?
What is planned and When, so I can plan our stay?
thank you and love to all

MSJ

G

well we kinda don;t really plan much dave ,, we all kinda do our own thing ,, some go sight seeing ,, some stay in camp ,, it kinda boils down to "what u want to do " ,, and as far as sarah goes ,, she can run amuck in the CG ,, there is lots to do there ,, game room ,, she can go throw rocks in the river ,, or what ever ,, hope this kinda puts an insight on u'r question ,, as i said other then eating ,, we really don;t plan much ,, whatever happens happens ,, it is not like anyone is expected to do what the others do ,, u are there to have fun ,, and we do ,, did i mention eat :p oh yea i did ,, IMO i think that is the most palnning we all do ,, and that is the food ,, and BTW we have full access to the big meeting hall all the time we are there ,, so hope to see u soon ,, agian
Oh yea almost forgot ,, 3 more days and i will be up there waiting on all of u guys ,, fishing is looking pretty good right now ,, trout are active since the water temps have cooled down ,, so maybe if i don;t spring a leak in my waders ,, i can get me some trout ,, maybe my limit ,, got a few very well known to work flies ,, and if not ,, Little River Outfitters is just up the road :applause:

Triple E

Dave, when I went last year I had all of these plans to go site seeing. Well the only site seeing that I did was the BBQ stand up the road. MMMMMMMMMMMMGOOD. It was so nice just to stay at the camp and relax. I was there for 6 days and enjoyed every minute of it. I did leave once to go over to Rods place, nice place, then Rod showed me how to get back to the airport. Oh yea, then there was a snake. But he left when we all got there. :D

akjimny

Back in the US - Back in the US - Back in the US of A -So glad no more Cana-day, boy. Back in the US of A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And seven more days and we'll be at Misty River. Then gonna wash up the bike and go for a ride on the "Tail of the Dragon." Somebody please take care of the Boss Lady if I happen to eat it on one of the corners :D:D

Back in the good old USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!