2nd Meet and Greet

G

Re: 2nd Meet and Greet

for the lows i hope ,, not the highs ,, highs must be in the upper 90's for the M&G :laugh: :eek: :eek:

H2H1

I hope the 2 of you are wrong,,,,,for the M&G,, I want 35-40 at night, and 60-65 day time, full sun in the daytime and a full moon at night. AND a big fire to sit around, cold beer to satisfy the thirst. What else matters???? This weather is perfect for shirt sleeve and shorts or maybe a light long sleeve and long pants. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

35 to 40 at night hollis :O ,, i will have to have my carhart on then ,, and 60 during the day again carhart ,, i am hoping it will not get that cold this OCT ,, if the weather keeps going like it is ,, we won;t need a fire ,, all will be well ,, i want to do and teach u al to fly fish ,, and if it is that cold ,, then the river is way to cold to wade in ,, without waders ,, but the fish love it :)

cwishert

Rod you don't need cold weather for a fire. We lit one this last weekend at the lake. It kept the mosquitos away. But you always need some nice cold drinks no matter what the temperature. :approve: :laugh: Fly fishing is a lot of work, I like to sit in a chair, throw out the line and sit and wait for the fish to do all the work while I enjoy my cold drink. That is why I like to fish in salt water with some shrimp or cut bait. But still I wish I was going to the meet and greet because it sounds like it is going to be one big fun party. :approve:

try2findus

Rod, if it is in the 90's in October, we'll all be in swim wear...

We are hoping to AVOID the heat for a few days in your wonderful state of Tennessee. We'll bring along an extra comforter for you "just in case".

Last week at Tickfaw State Park, Randy and I debated on the campfire but it was too hot to stay outdoors long enough to start one. It was hard enough to endure the heat from our bar-b-que. :cool: But Carol is right, don't need cold weather for a fire, just please let it be below 75! PLEASE!

H2H1

well carol come on down-up which every it is. I agree with you on fishing sitting and waiting. I think that is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other :laugh: :laugh: either way I still like a cold beer. I still don't under stand why or how you can catch a fly with a reel. :laugh: :laugh:

G

Ok just got an email from Sharon at MR ,, and so far ,, Jenie and Randy are the only ones that have paid ,, besides Steve ,, i need to know and they need a deposit ,, for the nights that u are staying before or after the M&G weekend ,, and BB ,, they have not recieved a payment from u ,, u still planning on being there ,, yes i know u recieved a comformation ,, but nothing has been paid yet ,, i need to know this real soon ,, that way MR can rent out the spots they have reserved if not all of them are taken ,, and i know i have a couple bogus people that say they are coming also ,, this will weed them out for sure

try2findus

Come on guys and gals...October 1st is closing in fast. Get your reservations in order otherwise you are going to miss us all "passing a good time"!

Laissez les bons temps rouler :cool: :cool: :cool:

H2H1

OK Rod I will send a check to Jimmy, but he never said he needed one when I met with him and Sharon last month. But that OK I will send the money anyway. I always want to keep everyone happy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

OK ,, i have 7 that have made a deposit ,, and 2 that are staying in cabins ,, all others that want to attend ,, i need a $50.00 deposit made to me as of September 1 ,, this will make sure i can hold the spots we have ,, and for everyone ,, i have 18 spots available now ,, but till i know the ones that are gonna really show ,, the deposit is non refundable if u don't show ,, but if u do i can apply it to eats and drinks and such ,, we do like to eat and drink at these functions :approve: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shadow

PM me your address Rod so I can send you the deposit. Did the hotdogs do ok last year? If so I'll do that again. Will know for sure in a couple of weeks if we will be able to attend.

H2H1

well I sent Jimmy an e mail for the cost of my bill, once I get it I will send him a check

cwishert

Hollis, I would love to be there but my son is getting married that weekend. I don't think he would like it too much if his mom and dad were at MR at the meet and greet. :eek: I am planning on being there next year, where ever it is. :) :laugh: Of course I say that now but I know how things come up. If you all make plans for next years get together while y'all are there, let me know the date and the place so I can mark my calendar. Closer to Texas would be good but I may be able to get hubby to stray farther than the border. I really look forward to all the post after the meet and greet and all the pictures. ;) :) :laugh:

agravegal

How am I just NOW finding this thread?

I have patiently read through a bazillion posts ranging from
a meet (meat) and greet
various and sundry southern delicacies
Tex's hat
the price of petro products
critters suitable for dropping in hot oil
the Grand Canyon
the weather

If the event is as eclectic as the conversation, then I would love to be there. Is it too late to join in on the fun? We cannot bring the micro-mansion, so we will not need a campsite but would be willing to pay a users fee for any services since we are not camping.

Is there room for two more to belly up to the table? Since I am originally from Alabama, I know all about the finer treats discussed here and can help the cook whip up a batch of most of them - not to mention, I can absolutely wash dishes!

Easy77 - I would like to pick your brain about Clarksville, TN since we have found out we are heading to Fort Campbell in January.

G

there will be plenty of food ,, and MR has cabins to rent if u want ,, come on down ,, we would love to have u ,, :approve: :approve: :approve:

try2findus

Yes, there will be plenty of room, food and fun to go around. Believe me, the conversation here is NOTHING like meeting us all in person! :cool:

Please join us for the 2nd RVUSA Meet & Greet!

TexasClodhopper

Well, whillikers! I finally ran across someone that can describe this bunch of miscreants and claim jumpers! Eclectic, huh? That was a nice way of putting it, to say the least! :clown: