2nd Meet and Greet

try2findus

Re: 2nd Meet and Greet

We have lots still to do also...No matter how much I say I am going to pack slowly, it never happens and we end up rushing the last couple of days. :dead:

We won't arrive until the 1st so you'd better save us a good site! In fact, tell Sharon at MR that her Louisiana buddies want the BEST spot ;) Close by Steve and Big Bilko~they have the hot tub! :laugh:

big bilko

Bad news Jeanie and Randy, We asked for the hot tub to be filled with ice for the beer :evil: :evil: :evil: BIG BILKO :) :)

H2H1

now I know where I am going to park :bleh: :bleh: :approve: .BB just made that decision for me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

WHAT? Well, I cannot say we are totally against that... :)

Sounds like we are going to need a lottery or something to determine who will park closest to that cabin now.

H2H1

NOPE, first come, first get it!!! JR , you can park next to me, which will next to a cabin with a hot tub filled with beer on ice. :laugh: :laugh: but there again, you know I don't like beer, so I will save it for you

G

well sounds like a plan ,, but one thing ,, u all will be dry camping if u are gonna be next to the cabins ,, they are on the river ,, and a small ways away from the main CG area ,, but that's ok ,, BB wil gladly find an extension cord for u :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

Hey hold on now, no electric? Hmmmm, may re-think that for a minute. We can always bring cold beer and visit the cabin area often. :approve:

Even though that "new" generator works well, I don't want to dry camp at MR.

H2H1

donworry JR we aren't going to dry camp. I am paying for full hook up and that is I am going to get :laugh:

G

Well yes hollis u are ,, but if u camp next to Big Bilko ,, there is nothing there ,, and u'll prolly get u'r MH stuck in either the trees ,, or slide off into the river ,, the road to the cabins is just big enough for a car ,, but as i said ,, i will see if we can get a spot just for u right next to BB ,, and then runn about 500 yards of sewer line and water line ,, will prolly need about 1,000 yards of shore cord ,, since the cabins will only handle 15 amp plug ins ,, and the closet shore power pedistal is in the D section ,, but hell if u'r that close bunk up with BB ,, the cabin he is in will sleep 8 ,, and all is provided ,, well all but food ,, :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

no thanks, I will keep my spot C 10, I under stand it is a nice spot. :laugh: :laugh: I just kidding I ready don't know where I am going to park until I get there. So maybe I can get a good spot before the gang shows up.

G

well for one thing ,, it looks to be ur all's kinda weather ,, the forecast now is saying mid to upper 70's for the highs ,, and mid to upper 50's for the lows ,, well that means i better get my furnace fixed for sure ,, that kind temps will put me in a deep freeze at night ,, but i can handle the days ,, only if i wear a sweatshirt and big jacket ,, i guess now i have to redo my fishing plans ,, i now need to pack my wet suit ,, if i am gonna go fishing ,, the water temp is in the mid 50's and that is kinda cold to be wading in ,, if it aint one thing with this weather ,, it's another ,, but on the bright side ,, no "real" rain predicted ,, but on thing i must warn u all about ,, and that is the winds at night ,, they do tend to pick up quit a bit at night ,, so if u don;t have an auto awning ,, u might want to put ur's up for the night ,, it can blow pretty good ,, cause of the location ,, ;) :)
Oh yea ,, one other thing ,, Hollis u are welcome to the c-10 spot ,, good spot ,, only prob is ,, the water hook up is kinda a bit leaning ,, it got hit by an rv ,, and they have not fixed it yet ,, since it is not leaking ,, but good spot ,, right behind the bath house ,, but alot of light from there also ,, but if that don;t bother u ,, then u got it ,, :approve: :approve: ,, but the wifi is more then perfect in that spot :laugh:

try2findus

:approve: Sounds like nice hiking weather although with all of the eating we will be doing, I don't know how much hiking we would be doing...

Nice breezes in the evenings and a gentle rock of the RV, will put me right to sleep. Just please, no rain during the M&G.

H2H1

now what is going to cause the rv to ROCK?????? :laugh: The :evil: made me write that. BTW do you have a sign that states: if the rv is rocking , don't come knocking.................

try2findus

Well, all I can say is you know us cajuns... ;)

No really, Rod promised wind at night.

ONE WEEK from today and we will be hitting the road. Please wish the hurricanes AWAY from Louisiana until the M&G is over. Every time the tropical update comes on we watch closely. :question:

H2H1

Your MH should not rock in LIGHT wind. but we shall see :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

If that darn Tropical Storm Matthew doesn't go away, we might not see anything but rain, wind and more wind... :eek:

H2H1

well just come on up here in GA. we have not had any rain in my area in a very long time. so it is hot, dry and dusty

H2H1

BTW Jeanie, the squirrels has cut a hole in the pool cover for water now.

G

speaking of that ,, Hollis ,, i got a wild idea ,, and that is ,, maybe sat i might take a few of u out and let u see the big city life of Greenback ,, show u all my place ,, and might even let hollis pet a cow ,,if they are around ,, :laugh: :laugh: ,, no JK u hollis ,, but hollis i would like to show u one of our 3 FD stations ,, might even let u sit in a truck if u are good :laugh: :laugh: ,, no really to all that are coming ,, i am just trying to find something i can let u see other then the CG ,, i know tex ,, has some plans ,, and that's fine with me ,, if any others want to do what they want ,, fine with me ,, i am not controlling what u do in anyway ,, me ,, i am happy being out on the river at the cg ,, fishing for hrs ,, i was just randomly thinking,, :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

Shadow

Sightseeing and fishing during the day. Hanging out with friends we haven't met yet in the evening sounds good to us!