2nd Meet and Greet

H2H1

Re: 2nd Meet and Greet

well Charlie like Ken said we understand about the money, but send the beer or beer money anyway

H2H1

sorry didn't mean to send it right then ,,,, anyway Charlie just kidding around with you on the beer. We would real happy if you and the wife could make it. We had a blast last year and we hope a repeat this year. take care,, just remenber if you can't make it I will have a beer for you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

OK ,, i need to know from all that plan to attend ,, what will be the first night's main course ,, as in meat??
Mr Felton at Misty River said he will provide the meat and cook it on his smoker ,, and we all do like a pot luck ,, for everything else ,, those that attended last yr's M&G ,, know what i mean ,, but he asked me what u all would like ?? i have so far ,, smoked ribs ,, smoked ham ,, anything else ??? And yes hollis ,, i know what ur choice is ;)
Btw pm me u'r choices ,, don't want to fill up this area with alot of food ,, it will get too fat ,, and won't fit on the forum page anymore

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

I will be there. What ever is fixed I will eat. Just no cat fish or grits, please. Sorry Nash. :laugh: :) :dead:

:8ball:

G

well there goes the fried grits ,, :( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: JK u Triple E :)

H2H1

dang that was going to be my suggestion, fried catfish and grits for breakfast. OH well back to pop tarts. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Rod since Jimmy wants to furnish the meat, I suggest he make that decision and the rest will do the pot luck side dishes. I think since he is doing so much for us, he should have that decision and surprise us. Tell Jimmy I am planning on being there early so I can help him out if he needs any help with the cooking. BTW can we have a roasted hog????? :cool: :laugh:

H2H1

big bilko I have never had kangaroo steaks, but have had goat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vanole

Big Bilko, Hollis

I did an exchange tour with the RAN (93-94) and had my first "King Rat" aka Roo steak aboard the HMAS Brisbane (old Charles F Adams class Destroyer) not even sure if this ship is still active. Must say it wasn't bad also had the largest and best tasting Thai Prawns I have ever eaten. Dessert was plumb pudding. Later that evening went to Harry's Cafe De Wheels at the foot of the Quay in Sydney and had a dog with the works (never expected the green peas Big Bilko)

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

big bilko

Hi Hollis,The best fast food here is in Adelaide. Called a pie floater. Pea soup in a mug with a meat pie. Sounds awful tastes great. Regards BIG BILKO. :) :) :)

H2H1

well the pea soup sounds good and as for as the meat pie goes,, that would depend on what type of meat is being used. :laugh:

Jeff I thought I had dog while I was in Viet Nam, I was never told , but was a strange tasting piece of meat that I have ever eaten. I hope I never eat anything as bad as that. :laugh:

EASY77

We'll be there and I'll be raiding the class 6 store (Liquor Store) :laugh: and bringing it with me.
Hector & Gina
"Democracy= 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on lunch-------- LIBERTY ! A well armed sheep contesting the vote". B.Franklin

G

well glad u can make it ,, but one other thing i forgot to mention ,, and that is we will have to respect quiet hrs ,, after all we are in a Resort ,, but that does not mean ,, that we have to go and hide at 11PM ,, it just means we have to be respectfull to others ,, since i have been going up ther and camping ,, i know of alot (myself included) that are outside into the wee hrs of the morning ,, not a prob :)
Btw ,, Hector i sent u a PM on this

EASY77

Yes, did 30 years and retired as a Sergeant Major, but I am now hoping to be a proud RV Traveler. This will be our first year. :)

EASY77

Hi again, I retired in 2004 so its been a few days, I'm 58 and my wife is the young one (47 ;) but don't tell her I told you-all. I'm looking forward to meet you-all and hopefully make some enduring friendships. Happy Trails !

H2H1

hey Hector what part of TN are you from. Rod is in Greenback TN just outside of Knoxville