4 point vs 2 point hitches

christo6302

A dealer wants to install a 4 point anti sway and weight dist bar to my new TT. The cost is naturally more than I would spend on internet purchase. Question: being new to TT vacationing, is this a wise move to spend extra $$ and let dealer install a 4 point than save and install lesser cost and lesser point hookup?

LEN

A 4 point is a good way to go, but if he is charging a lot to install I'd do it my self, only 4 bolts and a pin.
But if his price is on let him do the work.
Or get the trailer home and do it yourself in a few minutes.
Either way go with a good anti sway devise.

LEN

LEN

Looks good but how do you hook it up? On the ones I'm used to you use a lever to put the tension on the Weight Distribution portion. How do you do the loading with this unit? Surely you don't have to use a ratchet wrench each time. It must be simple I just don't see it.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Len,
It is as simple as using the ratchet wrench. You get it adjusted and count the threads showing or measure the distance. That is all you do...

TexasClodhopper

I can tell you for sure, it is as easy as Ken says. I've used mine, which I bought from Grandview Trailer Sales, at many stops from Virginia through North and South Caroline, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana.

The only thing I'm going to change is to use a longer breaker bar to get a little more leverage, because I have some problems with my wrists at times.

This hitch works. It is a definite improvement on the traditional style.

H2H1

IS that wrist wore out form using it when you was a young boy/man and was lonely! hey just saying.

C Nash

TexasClodhopper;83839 said:
I can tell you for sure, it is as easy as Ken says. I've used mine, which I bought from Grandview Trailer Sales, at many stops from Virginia through North and South Caroline, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana.

The only thing I'm going to change is to use a longer breaker bar to get a little more leverage, because I have some problems with my wrists at times.

This hitch works. It is a definite improvement on the traditional style.

TexasClodhopper, how did you get from Fl to Ms without going through Alabama?