4 season trailers

sarglen

I am new to this so I could use some help. Many questions need answered please. how do I know if a trailer is a four season one. Most of the adds I have seen dont specify. What is the difference besides tank heaters? I will living in it as my standard home and could possibly face below zero days during the winter. Is there a special set up I should be looking for? Also where would one find skirting for one that is insulated? Is there a brand of trailer that I should avoid? I am looking for used trailers since a new one is out of the budjet. Is there something that can be added to an existing trailer to convert it to a for season if I cant find one? I will be looking for the next month or so. I am looking in the 28-34' range since My dodge is only a 3/4 ton diesel. Thanks for your help in advance!

C Nash

Re: 4 season trailers

Welcome to the forum Glenn. Look underneath and make sure it is enclosed. Dual pane windows are a plus. To be honest I don't think any are made for sub zero weather. You will have to do a lot of insulating for that kind of weather. I would put some kind of insulation on the windows. Lights in compartments where pipes and wpump in cold weather. You will need skirting around the rv and pipe insulation or heat tape. Others will be jumping in with opinions on brands.

vanole

sarglen,

Not sure if Bigfoot Trailers are still 4 season they used to be. They are made in Canada. I used to have one and at the time they were put together pretty well. They went thru some tough times so I cannot say what they are presently like.

Jeff

rdorrett

RE: 4 season trailers

Glen:

You might want to consider looking into the "park model" concept. Google that and you'll see what I'm referring to. I think this kind of RV might include models specifically meant for year-round living. Let me know what you think.

Bob

Kirk

Do not accept anything without dual pane windows. A good place to get an education about RV quality and how to judge it is the RV Consumer Group.

www.rv.org