40' Alpha 5th Wheel Questions - (Houston RV Inspector?

TMitchell

I'm thinking of purchasing a three-slide 2002 40' Alpha Leisure Ideal 5th wheel, the asking price of which is $21,995. Being an RV newbie, I am concerned that there may be something wrong with such a unit at such a low price. I note, for example, that the ceiling above the refrigerator area is water stained, but I haven't a clue how serious the implications of this might be.

Anyone have any warnings to give me? Anyone know of a qualified RV inspector in the Houston area who might assist in a pre-purchase evaluation of this unit?

FYI, I have no immediate intentions of taking this unit on the road, but instead intend to use it as a full time residence and maybe take it on the road for RVing at some point in the future.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: 40' Alpha 5th Wheel Questions - (Houston RV Inspector?

Go to a dealership and ask them to check it for you. It will cost you a little money, but if they find serious problems, it could save you LOTS.

Shadow

Have you tried PPL in Houston. If not they may be able to point you in the right direction. Like GTS said I would have someone look at it.

C Nash

If you can see a stain from a water leak there is probabaly major unseen damage JMO Also, I think Alphia is no longer in business which might lower the price.