5 th Wheels Canada / Mexico

Vancouver

Dear R V'ers
My wife and I flew over to visit the Hershey show and had a fantastic time looking at all of the new 5th Wheel units, we are looking to purchase in the new year a Doubletree
34 RLSB3
We really would appreciate information on the following questions.

Will we be allowed take this unit into Canada and Mexico as I am not sure if any restrictions apply. and if so are there any additions required to be installed on either the Truck or the 5th Wheel.

Thanks for any help.

hertig

Re: 5 th Wheels Canada / Mexico

Sure, you can take it into Mexico or Canada (temporarily; importing it is a whole nother questions). 1) make sure you know and follow all the rules on what you can and can't bring into these foreign countries. 2) make sure you have special auto insurance (American insurance won't cover you in Mexico at least and the Mexicans will be very unpleasant if you are caught without insurance. Don't know about Canada insurance rules; make sure you do before going). 3) make sure you know what paperwork you need to have, and have it with you.

DL Rupper

Re: 5 th Wheels Canada / Mexico

Canada requires a special card from your Insurance company that indicates you have insurance that is good in Canada. Just need to call your company and tell them you are going to Canada and you need a Canadian proof of insurance card.

Vancouver

RE: 5 th Wheels Canada / Mexico

Thanks very much for all your help regarding my questions on R V'ing in Canada and Mexico.

Kind regards.

Clive & Pam.