5th wheel hitches.

krsmitty

Presently have a 24' TT and shopping for a 5th wheel. My truck is my daily driver so did not want to leave the hitch in the bed all the time. Have been told by several people that I could just disconnect the hitch from the rails in the bed and leave the hitch connected to the 5th wheel pin. But, I have never seen anyone actually do that.

Can that be done? Anyone actually do it? Keep your hitch where?

brodavid

Re: 5th wheel hitches.

check with Ken at GTS, he is on almost daily , if he is not camping or covered in 3 feet of snow

C Nash

I did that sometimes when I had a 5th wheel Ken. I don't recommend it though. Thats a lot of weight to leave hanging on the front. I had a support that I would lower it down on to take the weight off the front instead of just left hanging.

H2H1

rest assure he is moving snow as we type. He has had so much in the last few weeks. :( :( :( :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

HEY, took a break......

Ken, You can unhook pretty easy by pulling the 4 pins in the bed rails...Hooking back up is a little tricky...you will have to line up the 4 tabs that go into the rails. I have done it a few times, but with help of someone in the truck as I backed under. A lot of people will do this to store the hitch during the winter, but don't know of anyone doing it as the usual way to unhook.