5th wheel search

krsmitty

It has been a long several months in our search for a new 5th wheel. We finally sold our 24' Ameri-lite TT several weeks a go.

Hopefully we are buying one today. Our search has led us through Coleman, Denali, Flagstaff, Aruba (Starcraft), Greystone and Jayco. With Florida being such a large RV state I was surprised at the lack of more manufacturers and models available. Since we were limiting our search for around a 30' I am sure that cut down a lot of our choices.

We finally narrowed our choices down to a Greysotne 29MK (Heartland), Coleman CT259 and the Jayco Eagle Super Lite 28.5 RLS. Our first choice was the Greystone. It was a BEAUTIFUL 5th wheel at a VERY reasonable price for the quality. But could not agree on a price with the dealer. Our second choice was the Coleman, but again could come to a price with the dealer. So, we will be negotiating for the Jayco today. After closer look we are seeing that the Jayco seems to be a little better quality on the interior anyway. The Coleman was a little cheaper, lighter with a few more bells and whistles though.

Hopefully somewhere along the line I can get a hitch thrown in there ;)

Anyone familiar with the brand I have mentioned?

krsmitty

Re: 5th wheel search

All over but the shouting... :laugh:

We are the owner of a 2010 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 28.5 RLS.

G

Re: 5th wheel search

Now get it out and use it ,, that's what it's for :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: :) :)

krsmitty

RE: 5th wheel search

Had the hitch installed Saturday and go pick my RV today. :) :) Park it in the yard for a few days to load everything then off for a weekend trip to break it in.

krsmitty

RE: 5th wheel search

Went to a local camp ground for the weekend. Found a few bugs; shower leaks, water purification was not hooked up, one of the windows hard to open, slide does not seem to close evenly. Taking it back to the dealer today to have them fix.

Like to have everything going good for our first big trip in April.