5th wheel upgrades

dugnmarn

Hello everyone,

We currently have a 25ft 05 Fleetwood Pegasus 5th w. We are consisdering (upgrading?) to a 08/09 23 ft Prowler. The new Prowler has a layout and some new options that we like. I have recently learned there may be some serious leakage problems with the Pegasus - we have experienced a few minor leaks at the front, but nothing serious.

What do people think of Prowlers is specific and Fleedwood in general? Is it worth the move? Are there leak problems in Prowlers too?

Thanks in advance for any input.

hertig

Re: 5th wheel upgrades

We experianced a 'minor leak' with a Fleetwood Terry. Turns out they did not seal all the seams and the entire roof had to be replaced (at Fleetwood's expense). Do all Fleetwoods leak? Probably not. It may be just that they sell so many of them that a normal percentage of problems is a high number. Still, I'd be hesitant about getting another Fleetwood product, and if I did, I'd be up on that roof with a magnifying glass before signing anything.

If I were looking for a trailer these days, I'd check out the brands that Grandview Trailer Sales recommends. He seems to have his fingers on the pulse of the industry.

rjf7g

I bought from Ken before and I will buy from Ken again...now, if he could just find his post! Seriously, I have been very please with my Gulf Stream and even more pleased with my dealer (Kenneth@GTS). I have a 10 year warranty on my roof!

Rvinman

Good luck with that warranty (roof) on a recent trip to Texas the whole front of my rubber roof came off in shreds. Dicor was contacted and said that Gulf Steam did not install it right, Gulf Stream said sorry your warranty is up. Guess who pays. $5200.00 later I have a new roof on my 2004 Gulf Stream Canyon Trail. First and last Gulf Stream product I will ever own.