6 speed Allison in a 99 Mountain Aire

Buck 1

I bought used 2 yrs ago, 22,000miles on it. It purrs like a kitten shifts thru the gear well. My ? : I went up to my brothers house over the forth of July driveing down a fairly steep driveway. My motorhome being 40' there was little room to turn around and drive back up the driveway.So I put it in reverse and started backing up the incline. About half way up, it would not go any further, with the peddle to the floor. Tried it twice, with no luck. I check the fluid level, it was normal,trans gage read normal not over heated etc. Still learning ,first home that we ever had ? Is this the nature of the beast, maybe a safe guard built into the Allison? I managed to turn it around, and drive right up the incline with little effort, about a 1/4 of a peddle, and went on my way. Has this happen to anyone else?? Thanks

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: 6 speed Allison in a 99 Mountain Aire

Well, I might be way off base here, but I have a customer that has a Dodge Cummins with Auto transmission. All of a sudden it was not shifting correctly. He was scared it was transmission problems, turned out to be the FUEL FILTER. Of course his truck has 71,000 miles on it. He also bought used, but he had never changed the filter. I don't know, but might be something to look into.

Welcome to the forum. Usually when you don't get a response, we just don't have an answer. We are not ignoring you.

Buck 1

Thanks for the reply. I just got done servicing my rig before I made the trip to Vermont. Replaced all filters. Nice to know that there are people like you, who are willing to help there fellow camper

G

it might have been the incline that caused the problem ,, how steep was it ???
The trans fluid might have been so far forward that the pump could not pick it up ,, never heard of that ,, but there is always a first for everything .. i say this due to the fact that it did ok going forward ,, but just MO ,,, ;) :approve: :approve: :) :)