89 fleetwood p30 southwind engine issue

stargazerww

hello all i have been lurking around here a lot just reading so i haven't post much at all. but here it goes-- i am doing a lot of preventive maintenance to my rv and my ac on the chassis doesn't work, compressor is shot , lines rotted, radiator looks in bad shape, probably a little over 1000 dollars of materials to fix. so i have made the decision to cut out the compressor and all the lines, radiator and all, just one issue the belts also feed the water pump and the power steering pump is there a kit that can be found to install a pulley to make this work right??? as of now if i cut out the ac pump the crank, wtr pump, and steering pump are in a small triangle and i don't know if it'll work??
i need a little help on this one oh yea i am doing all this work myself already a new wtr pump, belts, and such also found out that 1 of the 2 air pumps are bad prior owner disconnected 1 removed the pulley but still runs great will remove that on also

oh where is a good maintance manual that shows the electrical, torque specs and everything needed for the drivetrain??

89 fleetwood southwind
88 p-30 chassis
chevy 454

65000 miles runs great

Steven A

RE: 89 fleetwood p30 southwind engine issue

Howdy I'm new to the motorhome issue also. It seems to me that if you go to a cruise nite you will see just what you need in the way of pulleys etc. to make it all work. The manual is a real issue I have not solved yet but still trying. I know that you can tell me just how did you get at the water pump? I have an 86 pace arrow with a 454. Hope this helps Steven

LEN

Re: 89 fleetwood p30 southwind engine issue

I think the lack of response is you are on new ground as most of us keep things working for the most part by replacing or grading up on the parts as needed and not doing the jury rigging.

LEN

stargazerww

Steven A - 6/17/2009 6:51 PM

Howdy I'm new to the motorhome issue also. It seems to me that if you go to a cruise nite you will see just what you need in the way of pulleys etc. to make it all work. The manual is a real issue I have not solved yet but still trying. I know that you can tell me just how did you get at the water pump? I have an 86 pace arrow with a 454. Hope this helps Steven

i got to the pump by taking off the radiators so i can see the front of the engine from the hood

stargazerww

Re: 89 fleetwood p30 southwind engine issue

LEN - 6/17/2009 8:22 PM

I think the lack of response is you are on new ground as most of us keep things working for the most part by replacing or grading up on the parts as needed and not doing the jury rigging.

LEN

i know but thank you i was hopeing to find somone that had done this before but i think i have a solution now quite easy really will have to work on the fine points

Steven A

According to Fleetwood.com there is a GM or Ford phone number to call for all chassis related questions. I think that it is a p30 chassis and that is just a large truck and those specks are online. Steven