97 ONAN MICROLITE problems

JimETracy

Hi Fellow RVers..
:question:
I have a 97 SPIRIT with an ONAN generator, the gen worked great until I did not use it for a few years.
I checked the oil and its full.
I try to start it and it starts and quits as soon as I release the start switch.
I pulled and cleaned an checked for grime in the carb and it looks great. I checked the plug and it was good.
I turned over the motor and disconnected the gas and it flows great, fuel pump works.

So....Any suggstions on what to look at next?
I am really suspecting electrical....

The model is a 4KYFA26100F

Thanks, Jim

H2H1

Re: 97 ONAN MICROLITE problems

hello Jim, I know this may be dumb to ask , but what is your full level? The reason I ask that is because in my MH if the gas get down to a 1/4 tank or less the genset want start. But other than that, I have no clue, but there are other who are a lot smarter than I am and will help you out.

brodavid

welcome to the forum
my dad always told me to check the oil, the gas will take care of itself,
other words if you run out of oil , the motor is gone,
if you run out of gas, it just stops,

also I agree with Hollis their are smarter people on this forum than I am

JimETracy

RE: 97 ONAN MICROLITE problems

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE.
I found a webpage with electrical information and will go start there.
Jim

stargazerww

this could be a voltage regulator issue?

could be a main panel issue to?

or could be both?

could be the oil pressure switch ? pull the wire off the switch and ground it then try to start the genny see if that works..

check to see if there is a fuse on the front panel could be the issue i think to?

hope this will lead ya in the right direction good luck

H2H1

since last post on this I had a problem with mine. I TOOK off the carb and cleaned it, put it back on and now it is working OK. I was told it has a lot to do with the 10% ethanol. they seem to clogged everything up when not on a weekly exercise. but this JMHOP