A/C fan

bell

On the Coleman Mach front roof unit (03 Fleetwood ducted system) , my fan is frozen, anyone with advice or help on fix or replace??

Thanks

G

Re: A/C fan

I agree with GTS in this ,, there is no servisible parts on the blower motor ,, just replace the whole unit ,, sorry :disapprove:

Kirk

I have heard of people succeeding in freeing up a blower motor and getting it to run again, but if you do so it will most likely only be temporary. In a pinch, you could try working with it and applying lubricant to the shaft areas. A product like "Break-Free" might help. But that is at best a temporary repair.

bell

After checking fan it is not frozen but needs a little pus to get going then spins like new. Any ideas why the motor hums until I gently spin to get started? Low starting power? Other A/C works fine. :cool:

G

the winding on those motors get a little rust and moister in them ,, since they run on a magnet ,, the field is kinda restricted ,, due to rust and such ,, but once u get them going ,, they work fine ,, i have seen ones that will start after a slight blow with a hard object ,, if u can keep u'r unit running for long periods ,, u might make it work ,, but i doubt it ,, once they start that ,, it's usally not far down the road ,, till they won;t start at all ,, and i know Tex is gonna throw me under the buss ,, for this post ,, but i have been there before ,, and i'm still typing at u all :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :evil: :evil: