a/c leak 1978 citation

nicholsb

lo. this is my first post. and of course it is a problem. i have a 1978 citation travel trailer by bendix. we bought it a couple of months ago and now the a/c is leaking. i changed the gasket and it still leaks. from what i have read, the gasket attaches to the ac and then goes directly against the metal roof of the camper. on our camper, there is a galvanized steel bracket that the gasket fits into and that bracket attaches to the trailer top. so not only does the a/c have the foam gasket between the ac and this bracket but also i have to seal this bracket to the roof. i am thinking that is where the problem is. i called the local rv dealer and they had never heard of anything like that bracket. anyone run into this? maybe i should just get rid of the bracket?

thanks for any help it is much appreciated. i feel like trading it in and we haven't even got to use it yet

akjimny

Hi Nicholsb and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Just my opinion but trying to fix an old AC unit is not worth while. I think you would be better off to replace it with a new unit with a warranty. Good luck and post back to let us know what you decide.:):)