A little get-away

H2H1

Re: A little get-away

Hi Scooter sorry to here about your brother-n-law. I hope he get better and beats the cancer. I just made a post on KOA behind Edwin. I sure hope the owners of these camp grounds get the point and clean up there act and grounds since they are charging so much money to stay there.

C Nash

Hello scooter glad you got away again even though it was not under the best situation. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and brother-in-law. Yes, brochures can be very misleading and it happens to often. Think some of them get their pictures off the internet or we get the wrong campground from the one we though we were going to sometimes. :laugh:

G

yes me too sorry ,, and yes the brocures are missleading ,, they tell u they have this and that ,,, but don't tell u where :(

*scooter*

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I try to research the campsites, but didn't have much time on that one.
One a positive note....we get to get-away again this weekend. We are head to Pine Grove and try out Gold Country Camp Resort. Haven't been there, but was told there are some nice wineries nearby.... ;) Taking the jeep this time !! :eek: :eek:

G

well i am as i type ,, up at MR ,, and i had a few probs of my own ,, cam up early to have the LP tank filled ,, well it took over an hr to get a 1/2 tank of LP ,, they forced it in to get me that much ,, but now i have to replace the OPD valve ,, i think it is hung up ,, and i have also been told this might be the prob ,, by GTS ,, but oh well i will fx it when i can ,, not like i really need the LP anyway ;) :)

utmtman

You know a lot of them tanks are cheaper to take to walmart or some other propane supplier and trade out the tank than fix it.

*scooter*

We got back Sunday from Gold Country Campground and it was really nice. Hardly anyone in the campgrounds, which surprised me. They've recently added a water park which would be great for younger ones, and a very nice pool, mini-golf and activities for those who like to tie die shirts etc. All this is included in your fees. The water park and pool are a great hit, Sunday the temps hit 108 and today it dropped to 104. That is :disapprove: HOT ! And it was a short drive to some really nice wineries.. :blush: :blush: Can't wait for another 'Little Get Away'.

H2H1

man that is hot, about 10 degrees cooler here in my part of GA. The CG sounds like a great place to sit and relax if the heat would cool down. Glad you had a good time, We are going next month up North for a few days just to relax. waiting on my little get away :laugh: :bleh:

*scooter*

After a certain temperature, it really doesn't matter, it's just plain hot and miserable. All you can do is try to stay in a cool spot. Lot cooler today, probably in the low 90's. Going North sounds like a great get away..have fun :laugh: :laugh: