A pat on the back for Camping World

utmtman

I have been to two Holiday Rambler Shops and both told me different stories about my slideout and the leak. That I knew was not true and did not solve my problem. Yesterday I went to Camping World in Burlington, Washington and they said that my slide was out of wack. Which is what I said all along. And they adjusted it so it now has the rubber seal all the way around it. I wont know if it was enough to stop the leaking until the next rain but I can believe it is by the looks of it. I have been taping it to keep the water out. And on top of that they did not charge me for it.
I also got an inline surge and power loss protector put in, my converter checked for a short, an oil change, and had both of the airconditioners cleaned and serviced. Set me back a year financially but worth it to me in the long run.
Seems strange that I have had better luck with getting work done and problems corrected thru Camping World than I have at RV Shops. So far I have been to three RV Shops and three Camping Worlds of which I am two to one for good Camping Worlds and two to one for bad RV Shops. And the one good RV Shop was not a dealer but an RV and Truck Shop.

DARLING

Re: A pat on the back for Camping World

A lot of people look down on CW because they are not the "Name brand mfg" but their guys have to go thru the same training for repairs & maintance, (maybe not to the same extent) but they seem to try harder to get & keep your business. And sometimes they can reccomend people that we would not normally think of for help.

Hope that their adjustment keeps the rain out for you.

Darlin :cool:

cwishert

I have to say that I was pleased with our service at Camper World in Katy TX. We bought our MH from them and the day we were to pick it up they went through everything with us, they were the ones to discover that the AC was not working properly so they replaced it immediately and they fixed a small problem with the TV shelf. We had to wait a little longer but it was well worth it to have it fixed prior to getting home and finding these things! I also love the store, I saw a ton of stuff I want to buy! Of course John said "yes dear we will get that later" to everything I said I wanted. The salesman was nice, I had called about a different MH and he told me he thought I would be better satisfied with this one that we bought but he was willing to show me every one they had if that was what it took. He was right about the MH being more suited to our needs. He also gave us a nice gift for the MH when we went to pick it up. I am still waiting on the warranty paperwork though.

utmtman

Glad to hear I am not the only one getting good help from them. I know I read it all the time here on the net how people dont like them for this reason or that but like anything else there is good and bad.

H2H1

Lee on my old TT I had the awning replaced by CW. I order on the phone and placed a date and time I would there to get the work done. We went to CW in Dothan Al. because it on the way to Destin FL. Now all I needed was the awning, ended up buying the whole assembly arm and all. They told me I could not just get the canvas and I had to buy all or nothing, so I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling on CW. Now if someone can confirm they are correct on their statement then they are the best, store and all :laugh:

utmtman

I have heard both sides of that story but not from the point of CW. A neighbor back home has a fiver and he needed a new awning canvas. He searched and called and finally had to buy a new awning from the local rv shop. But on his second fiver they were able to get him a canvas. Not sure of any of the hows, whats and so forths.

DARLING

We have an A & E awnnig. The local rv shop said I had to replace arms & all. They said that I had the "old" style & the new fabric will not match up. Big Bucks. :(

WE stopped at CW & they said that it was partially true. That the parts for the 2 styles were not interchangealbe, but the fabric should be ordered from A & E by the model style number, not just by length.

We ended up buying the fabric from a guy in Colo(I think) & put it on ourselves with the help of 2 frieinds. It is amazing how heave the faric got once we unfolded it & the breeze whas blowing it. But the savings was worth it IF you can do it yourself.

Darlin :cool: