AAA/Good Sam Club/anything else?

dogwalker55

We are new to this world. We have a 1986 Class A -- very nice shape despite it's age. We already belong to AAA and see that they have an RV package but we also heard a lot about the Good Sam Club. When we inquired w/Good Sam they told us the membership would be $200+ per year. Are there other levels of membership? We are primarily concerned with getting towed if we break down and getting us to where it's towed and being towed to a reputable RV place.

Can anyone help us? Tell us what plan we should look for? Are there others out there that are worth it? Pros and cons. Would appreciate any info at all. Thank you so much.

utmtman

Re: AAA/Good Sam Club/anything else?

Alstate Insurance has a good rv assistance program, so does aarp, and Coachnet is the best when it comes to class A type rvs and if you join some of the other clubs they have associations with you can get a discount.

LEN

Flash here!!!! Good Sam should be in the $100 range. AND since I have all my home owners, condo, rentals and auto through AARP(the Hartford) they now cover the road assistance for free so I am double covered. Probably not free but there is no line item for the coverage and they have it in big bold letters that they are giving it for free and cover the RV.

LEN

dogwalker55

We have auto and home thru Hartford/AARP too. Have to check into that. Wouldn't that be wonderful???

C Nash

Surely you missread/heard GS quote. Their yearly membership is around 29 dollars. New member road service 79 dollars a year. Just got a insurance quote for our 2002 class A HR which was 747 a year. Progressive is cheaper on the insurance for the same coverage but I have been with them a long time with no claims other than w/shiels.

H2H1

I have GS RA insurance, I also have my house, truck and toad with them. I got this because I was told it would cover any vehicle I am towi But what they did not tell me was I had to insure it and must be in my name. I found this out this passed trip out, if you remember we has a hole to come in the gas tank of Maria car. Now I knew we would pull her car on the dolly as we always have. The reason I got GS RA insurance was for that purpose. But when the accident occurred they pro-lightly to inform be that is was not covered due to the fact the car wasn't in my name nor insured with them. I augured that was the question, stating that why I bought the insurance was for them telling me all cars was insured when being towed, but they did not tell me I it had to be in my name and insured with them. That cost me an extra 500.00. So is GS good, yes but make sure you ask all the questions. they will not give you any extra information if will cause you to not buy. Sorry if this wrong, but needs to be told so others will know :laugh:

Kirk

I have no idea where you got that price but it is way off! If you visit their website you will find that the actual cost is $79 per year, or $109 for the premium service. If you have any doubts, just go to: http://www.goodsamers.com/

dogwalker55

That $200 per month was for insurance and repair too. We found the $109 per year price for premium roadside coverage and that's what we were looking for. Thanks to everyone though because we do have
our insurance thru Hartford/AARP and the DO provide roadside RV assistance and for any other vehicle
driven by anyone in your immediate family. Thank you so much for that tip. Always good to have a backup plan.