AAA & Good Sams

krsmitty

Presently have AAA ERS with RV. As a member of Good Sams considering their ERS. Anyone go from AAA to GS or vice versa?

Thanks,

Triple E

Re: AAA & Good Sams

AAA I would stay away from. Good Sam is good if they have contracts in your area. Other wise you have to sit and wait for them to negotiate with a local provider on the service cost. Coach-Net contracts cover a broader area including mine, so for this reason and only this reason, I will be switching over to Coach-Net.

krsmitty

Decided to give Good Sam's ERS a try. $80.00 for the first year, $112.00 a year after if I keep it. This is in comparison to $183.00 a year with AAA.

Only issue I had with GS was that they will tow you to the "nearest independent professorial service center"...while AAA will tow it to wherever you want. As long as it is within your mileage limit.

So, will give it a year and see what happens.

H2H1

I will wait till April to contact GS for a quote. I had them 2 years ago and they was OK not great but OK. Steve I thought a dealer had to sign you up for coach net? I also need a company for extended warranty, any suggestions?

Triple E

GS towed my motor home over 30 miles. I have a CAT engine and that was the closest CAT service center. I only had to wait 8 hours after they told me 45 minutes.

Anyway, they will tow it to the right place, not just anyplace that say they can fix it. Like I said before, I would keep GS but they do not have contracts in my area which is what caused my 8 hour wait. That is why I am switching to Coach-Net.

Both GS and CN will sent out the proper equipment and or technician to your RV. AAA has no idea what to send.

C Nash

GS was excellent with us when we had the blowout in South Al last summer. They paid all the service call for coming out. I did have to pay for the tire mount because I do not have a spare. Wait time was reasonable and they called back to see if help had arrived.