AC Size Recco For 1983 34' Avion TT???

Dave1

I am considering the purchase of a seemingly well kept 1983 Avion travel trailer. The single 8,000 btu roof AC is fairly new but did not cool the home very well in the 90 degree Florida temps. I am guessing the AC is not adequately sized for 34' home. Anyone know what the reccomended size or BTU rating should be for a 34' home in Florida?

Are there any special or known concerns I should look for or beware of with a 20 year old Avion travel trailer?

Also, the online NADA book does not go back past 1986. Any idea what a 1983 34' Avion should be worth? Outside of the trailer is average, some frame rust noted inside the cubby hole doors, usual wear and tear, awning canvas has some mildew and moth holes, 4 of 6 tires are new, interior is very good but some mildew noticed on ceiling, carpet/wood paneling/fixtures/furniture was very good, Dometic 3way frig doesn't work.

Thanks for any info.

Dave1
charles.d.ford@mail.sprint.com

Gary B

AC Size Recco For 1983 34' Avion TT???

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, I would think you'll want at least a 13500 BTU A/C or maybe even a 15000 BTU unit, just check everthing twice, furnace operation, holding tanks for leaks fresh water tank for leaks, the water pump and plumbing for operation & leaks, you already know the refer doesn't work (they run about $1400.00 new), check to see if the power converter works, check the floor especially in the bathroom for rot/soft spots.
My 2002 NADA book says this list price in 1983 was $26825, wholesale is $3960, and average sell price is $5560.00. Is the refer shot or not working,you maybe able to repair it with a new/rebuilt cooling unit. Hope this helps. :) :cool: :bleh: :approve: