Add A Room

ARCHER

Hi all, was just thinking about adding a room onto the awning of our TT and have tried to fiind a few on the net. Does anyone have any experience on buying one of these, location, cost, etc.??
We want it to be bug proof and wind/rain proof as much as possible. We currently have the sunscreen set-up and it is real nice but we would like to make it more like another room where we could roll down the covers for the windows/door.
Thanks in advance for any ideas and comments. ;) :)

C Nash

Re: Add A Room

Archer, I have seen these on e-bay but you never know what you are getting or if it will fit. Camping World might be the best bet or check with GTS. They would be nice but wonder if it's worth the trouble because of take down for winds. Know you are probably plannin on using when going south so just remember the weather dow there. Just some of my usual rambling thoughts.

aussie Keith

Re: Add A Room

Here in Aus the majority of the Rv's and trailers are smaller than those in USA. Only recently have trailers (which make up about 80% of all rv's) been introduced with slide outs and even then they are very small. So, internal space is limited. But, with the mainly favourable weather, a lot of time is spent outside. So, the majority of rv's have the additional "rooms" fitted. They zip onto the awning and have either flyscreen or canvas walls, or both, with windows and doors. The winds do not present a problem for most of the time as the walls are anchored to the ground, with pegs or similar, at many points making it more secure than just the awning. After experiencing a ripped awning in breezy Texas I can certainly attest to this.

hamdave

RE: Add A Room

Mine came with a 'Patti-O-Room'. The original owner paid over $500 for it at CW about 5-7 years ago. I have used it, but unless we are staying for over three days, it isn't worth putting up. It hangs off the awning(any awning), and has skirts for covering the wheels. Its not perfectly bug-proof but it does a reasonable job.

cheers