Added protection for health on the road

LEN

Anyone carry the added emergency insurance that will transport you and/or the RV if we were to have life threating on the road???? Not really for the FTers but more for us who do the few days to a few months at a time. Say we are 4 states away from home have the BIG ONE. They will transport you to a "good" health facility and if needed the MH 5er TT to your home base. I know I carried this when diving and is about the same price $109 a year. I never needed it but a friend might have been bent and was transported to a chamber and no out of pocket $$$$, that trip would have been $10,000. This is in addition to your health insurance, just a transport for you and the DW GF or ??? and a way to get the RV home if you can't get it there.

Thoughts??????

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Added protection for health on the road

Those are good thoughts Len, but honestly I have never heard of that insurance. Maybe I will check into it.

H2H1

isn't that the same type insurance that Good Sam's offer, beside road side assistance? I have never thought about it, but since I am getting a little older I may re consider looking into it.

Clay L

If you are a FMCA member that insurance is a member benefit for no extra charge.

TexasClodhopper

We added that insurance from Good Sam's last year before we took Alan out with us. The thinking is that either myself or Sallyberetta would stay with the other and Alan would be stuck and cost a lot to get somewhere comfortable. We did renew it this year.

See? Just get some insurance and it protects you from things that happen! It's working for us! :clown:

Triple E

Len, I have a friend who travels a lot, but not in a RV. She bought an insurance that protect her while she travels and from what I can tell it is the same type of insurance. While in Main last summer, she got very sick and had to have emergency surgery. Here she is living in Washington State and sick in Main. This insurance company paid to have her brother fly into Main to be her and when it came time for her to come home, not only did they pay her expenses but her brother also. It was absolutely amazing what all did they did for her. Beside the hospital bill she had no out of pocket expense to get her or her brother back home. I am not sure on this but seems her brother hotel was paid for also. So if you are thinking you might need this extra coverage, go for it.

H2H1

Triple E do you happen to know the name of the insurance co she had.

LEN

I didn't want to mention "Good Sam" as this is the offer and appears tobe or near the coverage Tripple E just talked about. Thinking about it.

LEN

Triple E

Len give me a few days and I will find out. Watch your inbox.

vanole

I've seen this type of insurance advertised in the past. Routinely get a flyer from GS talking about it. I know FMCA has something like it. If any of you are Coachnet Platnium members they offer it also in that plan.

V/R
Jeff