Adding shocks help

blakec

I have a 2004 Prowler Regal 285 5th wheel. While servicing my bearings, I noticed that my chassis is equipped with brackets on the frame and axle for shocks, but I don't have any shocks. I have spent hours searching online for shocks but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have shocks on their travel trailer? If you do, what brand are your shocks and do you have a direction you can lead me to getting some of my own? The space between the bracket holes when the suspension is fully extended (hanging) is 13" and I have Dexter 6 lug axles.

DL Rupper

Re: Adding shocks help

Hey blakec, welcome to the forum. The last time I had my bearings packed at a local TRAILER Service Center, I asked them to put NEW shocks on my 1995 5th wheel. They couldn't find any replacement shocks. :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

I can tell you that Gulf Stream uses Monroe shocks when that option is ordered, but sorry, I don't know the part number...

H2H1

Ken since you are a dealer can you give us a little insight as why do the manufacturing company provide brackets but not the shocks. I think it may be the extra cost, but surely it not that much more and would help the TT OR 5er ride better. And the cost can be hidden if they thought it would defer a sale if listed on the invoice. Personally I would rather pay the different if it takes care of the TT and 5er longer. Thanks

Grandview Trailer Sa

When a manufacturer offers shocks as an option, they usually will order all the axles and frames to have the brackets. It is easier that way, instead of keeping up with double inventory. Then, if a trailer is ordered with shocks, they just add them.

safari 28

My big bitch on our Airstream is the clear coat is peeling , but they do the suspension unlike anyone. Fully independent and with monroe shocks. The damn thing tows incredible, and i have taken her across the country 5 times in 2 years. I think the shocks really give a stability factor that is well worth the investment.