advice on 5th wheel hitch

Shadow

My buddy who installed a gooseneck hitch for his 5th wheel now has reconsidered and wants to change. He has done a little research on hitches and wants me to ask y'alls advice. He has looked at a B&W 16k patriot, a reese 18k hi-rise that goes in the gooseneck hole, and a curt Q20k. He has a long bed truck, and if anyone has oppinions on other hitches would like to hear them. Tks in advance..

H2H1

Hi Butch, Good to hear you on the forum. Well as youy know I have bought a new 5er, it is 40'long and I have 15K RATED HITCH for hooking it up to. I have no problem with it. The hitch sit lower in the bed that my roll up bed cover will slide over it.

Shadow

Hi Hollis! what brand did you go with? We have the 16k reese and have no complaints. Didn't really say why he was stuck on these three brands in particular. Think he would just like some reviews on people's favorites and why. His trailer is about the size of yours. Congratulation on your new 5er!!!

H2H1

I it is a reese also. The 5er is a Columbus, by Palimino which is now owned by Forest River. So when do you think you back out on the road again? Next week we are taking a 8 days Eastern Carribean cruise. Oct we be heading to Branson Mo. for a week of shows

Shadow

No trips planned soon. Biloxi the last week of Oct. when family comes down. May get fired up for some camping after that.

C Nash

Butch y'all need to get the camper on the road!! Wheels are made to roll. Come on over to Paul Grist in Alabama. Weather great and fishing is good. Caught 9 this morning and about to go out agin.

H2H1

Butch go to Nash on Face book and see what he caught today. I am so jealous and envey