after-market warranty

mickey_foccer

Are there any good after-market warranties that I should be aware (purchase) of? Any that I should be warned not to purchase?

Thanks in advance,
Mickey

mickey_foccer

Re: after-market warranty

Fiftty-two views and no reply? Surely one or more of you purchased an "Extended Warranty". I just wanted to know if there are some that are or aren't worth paying for. The one that is being offered to me by Lamesa RV's for over 4K is by "Interstate Warranty". It has a 100. deductable.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mickey

C Nash

Sorry Mickey I dont use extended warranties so have no opinion other than just put the money in a bank for your own warranty. Just be sure to read the small print and understand what;s covered and what is not. Good luck

H2H1

sorry Mickey, I have the same warranty from La Mesa when I bought mine from them, yes it was just over 4k. But over the 4 years I have gotten it all back when I needed work done. Mine will expire this Nov. and the new ext. warranty is almost 6k. I think that is a lot, but the MH is now 7 years old and a lot can go wrong that would cost me more than 6 k. I do recommend it if you can afford it. :laugh: :laugh:

try2findus

Sorry Mickey. I missed this post Saturday.

We purchased Freedom Roads Choice Warranty when we bought our Jayco Greyhawk in May of 08 and our manufacturers warranty just ran out this May. Now we have a shower leak and an appointment to bring our RV in to Dixie RV in Hammond, LA on Thursday. We'll let you know if this warranty is worth it.

We have heard most of these warranty companies are not great on paying claims so we will see, but we hated the thought of spending many $$$$ and not having any type of protection. Just hoping if we have a MAJOR problem, they will come through.

vanole

Mickey,

I've had warranty thru Prizm on both of my M/Hs. Have had good luck with them. Have yet to be denied and still crossing my fingers.

Try2fundus is sure correct. You see alot more bad press than good press about any of the companies. I feel that is the case because most folks don't read/folow the directions and guidlines on how to file your claim and how to proceed before anyone turns a wrench.

Jeff