air bags

chaz58

I currently own a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery on a freightliner chassis. I took it in for warranty work because it was leaning badly to one side. What I later found out after $518.00 later that this was a adjustment and not covered under warranty. Does anyone o know how to adjust these air bags or how to get a manual? I've been told this task needs to be done on a regular basis. :(

H2H1

Re: air bags

It seem to me having a 2008 Fleetwood it should have been covered under warranty, sorry about your problem and the cost.But did you take it to your dealer and that is what he stated as not being covered, if so I would call the manufacturer( Fleetwood) and inquire if it was covered. good luck

DL Rupper

Hey chaz58, welcome to the forum. sorry, I don't have an answer for your problem, but you did help me with info for the next time we get a should I buy a 5th Wheel or a Motorhome question. :evil:

chaz58

H2H1 I contacted Fleetwood and Freightliner and was told that it was'nt covered under warranty. Freightliner claims it's Fleetwoods problem and Fleetwood stated it's a adjustment. DL Rupper we've had five different motorhomes all gas I must say I'm not a happy camper with this one. I've had numerous problems, to many to list, and a simple oil change and lube is $350.00

Chuck

2008 Discovery Unhappy!!!!!!

G

well chuck all the ones that i have worked on ,, have a little pin type thingy ,, and it's usally near the air bag itself ,, and it has 2 lock nuts on a all thread type thing ,, i usally do this ,, if u have levelers ,, set the coach up on them ,, but not all the way ,, jsut enough to take the pressure off ,, and then feel how much play u have in each of the rod's ,, this will get u a starting point ,, then let the coach down ,, and while it's running ,, adjust either up or down on the rod till it picks up the saggin side ,, u will know which way to go after u use the leveler part ,, that way u don't have them go down instead of up ,,, hope this helps ,, but i know how u feel ,, most dealers want to pass the buck to the manufacts ,, and they want to do the same to the dealers ,, in other words ,, nobody wants to take the blame ,, i have ran into this many times on warranty work ,, a bunch of paper passing hands ,, oh well ,, i'm not a dealer ,, so i just do as they tell me ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :)

Btw welcome to the forums :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

DL Rupper

Hey chaz58, nothing personal. I just need a little ammo when the bullies on the forum gang up on me. ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

we gang up on u DL ,, u must have the wrong forums :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown:

C Nash

See I tried to tell ya'll. I'm really worried about DL :( . Them diesel fumes and noise from that Dogde is really begining to take a toll and having to walk to that fiver is getting to much for a person his age. You know he has to stop ever 100 miles or so and walk back to the bathroom and climbing up and down them steps is what has his knees worn out not to mention what having to ride in that Dogde has done to his back :eek: :laugh: :laugh: ;) :evil:

C Nash

Wow, DL must have not cranked the diesel and smelled the fumes to admit that :laugh: :laugh: ;) :evil: . guess the prices has got him stopped. What are they where you are DL. Gas has hit over 4 here if you can find it and some are saying maybe 6 :( read where some of the platforms did have damage in the Gulf. guess that means I'll be here for a while longer. Can't go anyway as the old back went out again today. Dang that watermelon. Knew I should have let Betty pick it up :laugh: