air condition

H2H1

Okguys I got an other problem. Went out and started the genset to let it run for awhile no problem there. However when I turned on the front AC only the red light came on. I know that it will do this for a while until it find the power, but the compressor never came on. Now the rear AC worked fine. So I hooked up the shore power and front AC worked fine. Al though I think it may be low on freon as it not cooling down fast like it use to. So what is going on here. I have an appointment to put in the shop this coming Tuesday to check the short that keep killing the engine battery, so IguessI willlet them look at the AC ,s also unless I find a fix here:laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

Re: air condition

When was the last time you had them serviced. Or when was the last time you cleaned the system out? Could be radiator or cooler fins are plugged with gunk. Low freon can also cause a problem. There was an article on that recently in one of the rv mags but dont remember which one.

cougarkid

H2H1,

I read on this site that most units are set up to only run the rear AC on Generator power.

Takes Shore power to run the front, as not to overload the generator.

My 89 GBMC is wired that way.

Not sure of the post/thread. Search the threads and see what you can find.

Good luck!

Mike

elkhartjim

Hey Hollis, it was blowing through Texas the way you did that caused all these problems. Tex and I waited in the weeds for days and just plain missed you.

C Nash

Mine will run both acs at the same time and I think I have the same Onan you do Hollis. 5500. Recond there is a connection between the battery drain and the ac not working as it should? Do you have one thermostate that controls both units?

H2H1

I have a 5500 and both ac can and has ran off of it, yes Nash I do have only one thermostat, it located on the wall next to the bath room and the master bedroom.

H2H1

Nash not sure what you are referring to when you say power management system.

H2H1

Jim you and Tex can rest assure that I will be back in your state and I will give you an head up when that will be. I will even come by your ranch if in the area.

C Nash

Hollis EMS is a device that monitors electricity use and will cut off needed appliances. Since your ac will both work on shore sounds like maybe the gen is not ginning enough power. Sure hope that is not the cause :( .
Be sure and fill up before trying to cross Tex or Jim's ranch. Probably take at least 2 days to cross either :eek: but don't worry abot food as there will be a Dairy Queen about ever mile. HMMM, wonder if Dairy Queens are use instead of mile markers in texas.
PS Don't worry about waving at Tex from the Queens: you'll wear your waver out :laugh: :laugh: