Air conditioner/Heater

Ok this may be a stupid question but I figure I will ask and blame it on being new. I just took the rv yesterday to the dealer by me for the fire marshall inspection. The dash heat was blowing but not warm and I asked the guy at the dealer about the overhead air/heater. He said to go home and plug in the rv and let the overhead heater run for a few hours and it should get warm. Well I let it run for over 5 hours and it still was blowin cold. Am I doin somethin wrong or can someone point me to the solution. It would be a cold stay in the rv without heat but I guess I could buy some space heaters to get by since it will just be me. Hopefully there is no corn cob joke that will come out of this one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JimE

RE: Air conditioner/Heater

Shawn, I had to bring my unit back in for not blowing very warm on the front heater and was told it was working poorly as designed!! The rear heater will cook meat as it only heats the bedroom and bathroom. Mine are all on a central air system so I block off some of the rear vents to force the heat up front and when I go hunting in the winter i bring a space heater. Not sure if yours is central air or not.

C Nash

Re: Air conditioner/Heater

Not sure what kind of heat you have but if its just the heat strip on the a/c it is just a chill buster. Now having said that we used to burn cobs and they did produce heat. :laugh:

Thanks Nash I figured someone would be a smartass about the cobs. The furnace itself does not work so it is only the ac unit in the front that will blow heat. Looks like I am goin for a decent space heater. I tried the little floor type heater my daughter has in the basement and it really didnt do anything cause it didnt have any kind of blower on it. I guess the Pelonis (sp?) type heater would work or any suggestions on that?

C Nash

Shawn is the a/c a heat pump or just have the heat strip. If its the heat strip most that I have seen are only 5k btu. I use just a small heater think its a honewell brand that has a blower and turns. It does a pretty good job. Hanging some type curtain across behind the driver seat really helps.

To be honest I dont know Nash. I just spoke to the guy who owned it prior to me and he said that never worked but he used the furnace. I guess I will be goin out there and seein about how to light a furnace and see if it works. He said it had been a while since he had used it so we will see. I am thinkin I will still get me a little heater as it would be cheaper to run that as opposed to runnin a gas furnace.

LEN

If the furnace is a an electric ignition let it cycle several times through the three tries. Mine just started today since ???? last winter took 4 cycles of three then on the first one of the fifth stayed lite. It lights and goes out on each try then after three tries turn the furnace off then on. Same as last year but it still concerns me each time. I got a couple years ago two of the ceramic heater at Wally World for like $30. But to do it again I would go to the 3 heat setting as these are 3. They work good but mid range would but nice.

LEN