Air Dump

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by Jimmy Namsnit, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Jimmy Namsnit

Jimmy Namsnit New Member

I have a 2000 Diplomat 38. Nothing happens when I hit the air dump switch. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this??? Thanks in advance, Jimmy
  2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

I would supect a valve is sticking. Guessing you have the HWH system. If so you can get in touch with them> They are good to guide you through diagnose. You can goggle dump valve problems but my computer would not open the HWH diagnose. I have a slow wifi where we are now. Hope this helps
  3. Jimmy Namsnit

Jimmy Namsnit New Member

Thanks C, appreciate it, I'll check it out!!! Jimmy
  4. vanole

vanole Senior Member

My prior motorhome was a 00 Diplomat 38A. For sure you had to have the ignition switch in the ACC position. Now this is the part that is cloudy I believe the jack panel needed to be turned on/energized when dumping air.

I had a problem one time as you described and was going crazy. Think I quit trying to dump air for a bit then went back and energized the jack panel dumped air then leveled with the jacks. Not 100% sure like I said but think this was my problem.

Hope you find the problem and let us know the results.

BTW if its a fuse its located behind left front bay door (the one in front of the wheel).
  5. Jimmy Namsnit

Jimmy Namsnit New Member

Thanks vanole!!!! I can't wait to get home and try that.....I'll keep ya posted, Jimmy