AIR RIDE LEAK

ARCHER

Seems like one of my air ride suspension helpers (the ones inside the springs) will not keep air in it. The other three seem to maintain the pressure I put in them. There is only three things (I think) that would cause this....1. Hole in it, 2. bad connection at the place where I can add air, or 3. bad connection at the bag. Anybody had a similar probelm? If three work and I maintain 65lbs pressure in them and the fourth shows zero pressure, but I am still running level, will this hurt anything or should I put the corresponding one (the other front one) to zero to match the one that doesn't hold air? Perhaps I can fill it to about 70-75 lbs and then spray soapy solution at connections to see if that is where it is leaking or on bad (might be hard to see it). Job for PROS???
Anyway, just need some suggestions guidance on this one. :dead: :question:

hertig

AIR RIDE LEAK

You are right that those are the possible places it could be leaking. Don't forget the possibility of a hole in the tubing, or a leak at other fittings. Another thing to check is that the guage or sensor is not bad (a pressure of 0 is a REALLY big leak :) ) If there is somewhere you can put a known good tire guage, that could confirm/refute this possibility. If the pressure really is zero, then pressurizing and applying a soap solution may point to the problem.

I'm not familiar with your system specifically, however, the instructions for the air lifts I installed in my pickup were very clear that running with the bags depressurized would ruin them.

Poppa

AIR RIDE LEAK

Archer, the other problem running with out air in one bag, especially on the front, it may have an affect on handling. :(

ARCHER

AIR RIDE LEAK

Pappa, does that mean that I should release the air in the other front one to match the zero on the other side, (until it is fixed)? Won't that screw up the good one? Will it affect the ones in the rear? :dead: