ALBUMS

H2H1

OK I need some help. I have been trying to put some pictures in the albums section but nothing is happening. I name my albums and went and downloaded a picture. went to open my album and the pic isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

SnowbirdInFlight

Re: ALBUMS

Make sure the pic you are uploading to the site is 400kb or under. It doesn't even look as though you have a title on your album.

Shadow

Hey Hollis, when you learn how PM me :eek: Having trouble myself. Going to give it one more try. Then I guess it's DL's way :)

H2H1

Thanks Snowbird I am aware of the 400kb, and I tried to remove what I have done and only the title was removed.

Thanks Tex ttul
Shadow why not join us on the chat line at Skype.com. If not when I learn how I will PM you on how to download.

Shadow

Might do that. I finally thought I had the photos reduced but it still didn't work. Think I might just have a fish fry and invite some computer geek's over :laugh:

DL Rupper

OK, here's how you do it with a cell phone. You take the cell phone picture and send a text pic to your e-mail and then download the e-mail picture to your computer Documents and then upload the picture to the album. ;)

H2H1

OK I missed everyone on Skype last night, :( :( so would someone PM and provide me the info on how to resize my pictures so I can post them on the forum.... :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks

TexasClodhopper

Hollis, there are probably 2 things that you have to watch for.
  1. The "size" in bytes
  2. The "size" in height and width

You already know the byte size limit, because they've put that on the page.

There is also a height and width limit, but I don't know what it is. I've asked Cindy to get the webmaster to add those limits to that page without success.

All I can tell you to do is to try different heights and/or widths until you get it small enough for the album to accept it.

Most photo editing software will allow you to do this without too much degradation in picture quality.

ironart

Hollis, If you "Right" click on a picture that is already in the album and then a little box will open....Go to the bottom "Properties" and click on that and you will have the size and height and width of the photo you are looking at......That might help when you size your pictures....

Usually you will have to use some type of picture viewing program ....Like Adobe Photo Shop to change the size of the picture....Then save it somewhere where you can get it later for uploading....

I don't know a lot about this either but this is what I do when I put something for sale on Ebay....???
:) :) :)

TexasClodhopper

That's exactly right, Paul.

I try to keep my album photos within an 800w x 600h pixel box. That's a good size for most new computers and screens.

That doesn't mean to resize your photo to 800 x 600 EXACTLY. Your photo would then lose its proportionality and be squished and squashed all out of shape. Try it; you'll see.

What I mean by that is, for instance you have a wide photo that is 900w x 500h. you would resize the 900 side to 800. Most photo editing software will PROPORTIONALLY adjust the other side for you.

If you had a tall photo that was 500w x 900h, you would adjust the 900 side to 600h. This photo then would fit in the 800 x 600 pixel box.

PS. (If I'm putting a photo within a post on the forum, I will adjust the photo size to 300w or 400w so the post doesn't make everybody scroll their screen to the right to see the rest of the photo.)

Shadow

Even tried DL's way. Just can't seem to get it :disapprove: Oh well, he didn't want to look at my truck anyway. :eek:

Shadow

You can now DL :eek: :cool: Did as ironart and TC said and it worked. :approve: My cell phone photo was to big so had to reduce it. Now I have to get all my failed attempts out of the albums.

DL Rupper

Hey Butch, that's a good looking truck. Glad to see you succeeded with the photos. My Razor cell phone must take smaller pictures. They upload right out of my computer documents. Thank goodness because I don't know what I'm doing with the phone or computer. :eek:

Shadow

Hear Ya DL. Been playing with this for two weeks. Still can't do the photos from the camera. But oh well got the trusted cell phone always handy.. :)