allison trans

molly914

i have a problem with my tranny . i just replaced a broken radiator and found that my anti freeze had goin into my transmission what do i do now ? i going to try to get it flushed out tomorrow . can anyone help me ? should i be doing something else? thanks for reading

Triple E

Re: allison trans

My Allison manual says not to use anything that has been used with antifreeze to pour transmission fluid into the transmission. Antifreeze will harm the tranny. I'm sure dbarton will tell you what will need to be done but I would contact your nearest Allison shop in your area before putting your rig in to gear. Good luck and hope no harm has done. :(

dbarton291

RE: allison trans

molly914 - 4/23/2009 9:56 PM

i have a problem with my tranny . i just replaced a broken radiator and found that my anti freeze had goin into my transmission what do i do now ? i going to try to get it flushed out tomorrow . can anyone help me ? should i be doing something else? thanks for reading

The transmission must be rebuilt and all the friction clutch plates replaced. Anti-freeze attacks the glues that bond the friction material to the steel backing in these clutch plates. I've seen people try to flush the trans and go on, but sooner or later the inevitable happens. Do it now, or do it when it fails on the road, but get it done. Please.